Feeling a bit disgruntled with my lack of weight loss... I n

mcepeda
mcepeda Posts: 3 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been working out with P90X for almost 6 weeks and I don't feel like I've progressed much as far as weight loss. I do feel stronger and I've lost inches, but the scale has not really budged as much... I count my calories on a daily basis. I feel like I'm eating really well, mostly clean, but I'm not sure if I'm taking in too many calories or too little. I feel lost and sometimes I get a bit disgruntled

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    If you've lost inches, you've lost fat. That is good! Increasing muscle is good too because muscle burns more calories than fat. Do you just want a lower number or do you want to look better? There are lots of ways to just get a lower number, but I hope you really want to be healthier and look better which is what you are doing! My vote is for staying the path your are on. Eventually the scale will register lower numbers, but fewer inches is better IMHO :drinker:
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Are you doing the Classic version or the Lean Version. The Classic is not meant for weight loss, although I lost weight with it because when you gain muscle, it burns calories and fat. But the Lean version is more cardio and is designed to help you loose weight faster.

However it is different for everyone. If you have lost inches, then you are progressing. The scale doesn't always reflect what is happening inside our bodies. Give it more time. Make sure you are eating all your required proteins, carbs, veggies etc... You can lower your calorie intake by 300 but if you are loosing inches, I will just wait and see.

:wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    It looks like your calories are all over the place. One day you're eating 2000 and another day you're eating 1200. How many are you supposed to be eating?
This discussion has been closed.