Bodymedia LINK or CORE questions

Options
Does anyone out there use the Bodymedia LINK or CORE arm band? I'm looking for something to track all my exercise calories burned, not just a pedometer to track my steps. Does this do that? Do you like it? Any info you can provide is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine uses body media and she wears all the time. She said it tracks her cals for the day.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It provides info for your calories burned all day, and for your exercise. It tells you how much sleep you got, and it links up with MFP so you can see your calorie deficit. Love, love, love it. I've had mine four years. :)
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello. So, I use the bodymedia link and I love it! You need a computer/laptop to sync your data everyday. You wear it around your arm for the "most accurate" readings. I tried wearing it inside of my bra on my rib cage and the reading was the same as wearing it on my arm. (I imagine this info would be better for the summer so you don't get bodymedia tan lines). It tracks how many calories you burn though out the day (BMR and whatever you burn in addition), it links with MFP so you can add your calories here and it will carry over, it tracks your calorie deficit (very helpful when it is 6pm and you want to know how much you need to do to reach your calorie deficit), it tracks your physical activity for the day showing moderate and vigorous activity, how many steps you take, a weight tracker on the website and a HR component that I haven't utilized. The HR monitor is an additional thing? that you have to get to access it and it tracks how much time your HR is in different zones. It seems pretty cool. The draw backs are that some people find that wearing the band can be annoying but I haven't had an issues with wearing it. I only take it off to shower to get the most accurate results. Overall, it has helped me with this journey by giving me the information I needed to know how my body reacts in different situations. Also, you get 3 months of free use and then there is a $7 fee/month to access the website. Good luck!

30766175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! Very motivating to see how many (or how few) calories you've burned.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello. So, I use the bodymedia link and I love it! You need a computer/laptop to sync your data everyday. You wear it around your arm for the "most accurate" readings. I tried wearing it inside of my bra on my rib cage and the reading was the same as wearing it on my arm. (I imagine this info would be better for the summer so you don't get bodymedia tan lines). It tracks how many calories you burn though out the day (BMR and whatever you burn in addition), it links with MFP so you can add your calories here and it will carry over, it tracks your calorie deficit (very helpful when it is 6pm and you want to know how much you need to do to reach your calorie deficit), it tracks your physical activity for the day showing moderate and vigorous activity, how many steps you take, a weight tracker on the website and a HR component that I haven't utilized. The HR monitor is an additional thing? that you have to get to access it and it tracks how much time your HR is in different zones. It seems pretty cool. The draw backs are that some people find that wearing the band can be annoying but I haven't had an issues with wearing it. I only take it off to shower to get the most accurate results. Overall, it has helped me with this journey by giving me the information I needed to know how my body reacts in different situations. Also, you get 3 months of free use and then there is a $7 fee/month to access the website. Good luck!

30766175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I forgot :) it tracks how much sleep you get and how "well" you are sleeping.
  • lgubbels
    lgubbels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! This helps very much!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I started this reseach process last fall. I'm just a social worker so price was a huge factor. I also have to wear girl clothes three times each week to work so style was a factor. I needed something that would track my weight, body fat, lean muscle, movement, sleep and heart rate. Here's what I decided.

Body bug and Mio Active were out for several reasons: initial cost was high and the monthly cost of keeping it up was astronomical. It wasn't something I could ever hide. I don't want to advertise my weight loss journey to the world.

The Nike thing, along with all other wrist bands, were out because I couldn't wear it to work without it looking like I was wearing a teen-ager's rubber band braclet around my wrist.

I setteled on the following mix:
    *FitBit (easily hidden and pretty accurate to track movement, elivation gain and sound sleep)
    **Affordable intiall cost
    **No monthly fee
    **Syncs to MFP which, in my opinion, has the best database for food and I have zero problems with the sync feature
    *Aria digital WiFi scale
    **I sync it to MFP and https://trendweight.com/ both sites are free
    *Endomondo
    **I purchased the $5 "pro" version becuase I WOG not run and the interval program on there is easily customizable for me.
    **I sync this to MFP too
    *I just bought a Wahoo Fitness Heart Monitor Run Pack because FitBit doesn't track non moving exercise like Yoga, Weights and Pilates.
    **It syncs to Endomondo and my iPhone.
    **I log non movement exercises on FitBit.com to get an accurate read of what I'm burning during those exercises.

That makes my overall cost:
    *FitBit $99
    **free website
    *Aria Scale $125
    **trendweight free website
    *Endomondo $5
    *WaHoo Fitness Heart Rate Monitor $99
    **That's a grand total of less than $330 without needing any other costs.

Works for me :)
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia LINK and love it! I bought my fiance one for Christmas and he loves it too. I am currently maintaining my weight and it lets me see exactly how many calories I burn each day and I can adjust accordingly. My fiance likes the sleep feature. I like that it breaks down whether or not your activity was moderate or vigorous (no more tricking myself that I worked hard on the elliptical). I have it linked with my MFP account and still use MFP for tracking food. Like another user I have placed mine in my bra when I didn't want it to be seen and it worked just fine for me. The armband is not an issue at all.

I am wondering how much I will have to take it off in the summer though since it is not waterproof and I spend a fair amount of time at the beach.

Good luck. I think you will love it.