Calories

Hello new here and loving this site. When I put in my information I was given 1200 calories a day for a weight loss of 2 lbs a week, I am 51 5'1 1/2. I work on my feet 10-12 hours a day I work at grocery store so I do move around a bit. I do plan on joining a gym but until then is this enough calories to loose. I started about 2 weeks ago with an average of 1320 calories a day. First week down 5 lbs, this past week lost 1 lb. should I stay with the 1300 range or 1200. Some of the stories I read said 1200 was not enough to loose.

Replies

• I am no expert on this but... I think it depends on your weight not just your height. I found this earlier http://muffintop-less.tumblr.com/post/42523571512/im-frequently-asked-how-many-calories-i-consume-a the website is a great motivational tool but here it shows (an estimate) how much you need to consume a day depending on your activity level. I know MFP takes activity into account so if you said you will be active every week, and aren't active yet, they are assuming you need more calories than you currently do. If you said you aren't active yet and will change the activity level when you join a gym it will adjust when you adjust the goals and you should be on the right track now. You should also see how you feel and what you can maintain while you are on this weight loss journey. Good luck finding the right plan that works for you!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    My calories are under 1400 a day. I am athletic and don't have much to lose, however the last 10 or 15 Suck! I notice when I enter my activity it adds calories to eat, and belive me if I don't eat extra calories that day I hit a wall in the middle of my workout! Example tonight I am playing about 3 hours of competitive volleyball and it added more than 1000 calories.

Join that gym, you will feel great!