Day 2 of 159

StartW: 177 - CurrentW: 174.6
Week 1: - 2.4lbs --> 3% of goal

Today is my second day here and I have to say, joining yesterday has made me so motivated to really stay on track. I think that’s the hardest for me. I rationalize in my head why it’s ok to go off track for dinner sine I can just start again the next day… and months later, every morning seems like day one.
SO starting on day 2 is really exciting!

Yesterday was pretty easy to follow the plan and stayed within my allotted calories. I really enjoy finding healthy foods to cook with that are still delicious.:happy: I really didn’t find myself hungry although I do think about food way too much throughout the day. :embarassed:

Today, I don’t foresee any issues again following the food plan I’ve made for today and staying within my plan! My only failure already was not getting up to get to the gym this morning. :frown:
I’ve had a membership to gold’s gym since last April and I’ve gone probably 10 times (and it’s about a 3 min commute from my house). I just have to go but for some reason I can’t get myself to do it…. That will be my struggle this week. But I’ll try again tomorrow morning :bigsmile:

Dai

Replies

• berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Try going to the gym in the evening, or any other time. After a long day, a good workout can be really stress-relieving.
    Congrats on making it to Day 2!!
  • Keep reminding yourself to go! Maybe you can go to the gym later today? I have so much trouble trying to go to the gym in the morning! I'm much more of an evening/afternoon gym person :smile:

On Pinterest I found a bunch of little work outs you can do in your house and I've started doing them on days I don't make it to the gym. It makes me feel better that I did something that day to help me reach my goal. I definitely recommend joining if you haven't already.

Great job so far! I know will keep it up!!!
  • diet3764
    diet3764 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Dai,

I understand completely about the rationalizing getting off track. I've started this journey many a times. I joined along time ago, but Today is my 2nd day of trying to utilize fitpal to the fullest by actually adding friends as a support system. I did well on my meals yesterday and started off well this morning.

Then I came to work and a coworker :flowerforyou: brought me a chicken biscuit out of the blue (:devil: ...lol) How could I pass up a free fluffy chicken biscuit???:love: (rationale) So I ate it. :cry: and out pours the guilt trip. But then I remembered I worked out this morning (instant rationale). The chicken biscuit really didn't put me over my calories for today but it was not the healthiest choice and messed up some of my other goals such as sodium and fat. :frown: But each day is a learning process.

As far as the gym... I understand that too. I've been trying to get myself motivated to exercise for the last couple of months. I have many DVD so leaving the house wasn't even an added issue and I just wasn't motivated. So I decided to stop waiting on motivation and just drag my lazy but up. If I kept waiting til I felt like doing it... it would have never gotten done. Once I got past the drudgery :angry: of getting up and actually started... I felt so much better... :happy: Energized and Motivated!! So my advice to you would be that old cliche.... JUST DO IT!! :bigsmile:
  • I feel like eating well and feeling full is my biggest tool in losing weight, despite how contradictory that sounds. I'm eating things i like, eating regularly, good sized portions...so exercise is my key to being able to do that.

Those extra 300-600 calories each day give me room to eat more than modest portions sometimes, have three snacks a day, beat my calorie goal for the day, and continue to lose weight.

Not sure if that motivates you to hit the gym or not, but for me, when I don't feel like working out, I just think...well, there goes that second piece of chicken and that non-fat froyo and granola for desert, amazingly, I talk myself into working out pretty quickly! So the gym=more food thought process has kept me going strong...
  • dainoram
    dainoram Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Dai,

I understand completely about the rationalizing getting off track. I've started this journey many a times. I joined along time ago, but Today is my 2nd day of trying to utilize fitpal to the fullest by actually adding friends as a support system. I did well on my meals yesterday and started off well this morning.

Then I came to work and a coworker :flowerforyou: brought me a chicken biscuit out of the blue (:devil: ...lol) How could I pass up a free fluffy chicken biscuit???:love: (rationale) So I ate it. :cry: and out pours the guilt trip. But then I remembered I worked out this morning (instant rationale). The chicken biscuit really didn't put me over my calories for today but it was not the healthiest choice and messed up some of my other goals such as sodium and fat. :frown: But each day is a learning process.

As far as the gym... I understand that too. I've been trying to get myself motivated to exercise for the last couple of months. I have many DVD so leaving the house wasn't even an added issue and I just wasn't motivated. So I decided to stop waiting on motivation and just drag my lazy but up. If I kept waiting til I felt like doing it... it would have never gotten done. Once I got past the drudgery :angry: of getting up and actually started... I felt so much better... :happy: Energized and Motivated!! So my advice to you would be that old cliche.... JUST DO IT!! :bigsmile:

Congrats on your day 2 too!! Haha you are only off to a great start! This is really a great way to keep us in check! I wish I have more time to be on it and read others posts, but with my job time is not something I have a lot of of 

yes, definitely this rational type thinking has to stop.. and if we do eat soemthing bad it should be because we want to… there is nothing that should really be off limits as long as we can fit it it within the plan for the day.. and more importatly it shouldn’t make us feel guilty bc then that can just turn ugly fast! …
  • dainoram
    dainoram Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for the motivation to go to the gym… although I still don’t have it! Lol… I really hate it, to me is just wasting time that I could be doing a million other things… which I know is not… you guys gave good reason why to go…. I just have to change my mindset over it.

For we at the end of the day of work, all I want to do is go home. I know me and I don’t think I’ll ever really go after work. So the morning is all I have. I think I just have to go to sleep earlier… and change my negative thinking about the gym
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    It takes about 28 days to form a lasting positive habit... explore times that may work for the gym. For food don't be afraid to pilfer ideas from friends food journals. It will make the discovery process easier. Anyone is welcome to add me. 134 pounds since the first of July.