Can't stop thinking about food

Options
2»

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've found that keeps my mind off of food is staying busy. Otherwise I'm thinking about it constantly, even when I'm not hungry.
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Its called an obsession of the mind. I did not realize I had it with booze until I stopped drinking. All I thought about was vodka, I was watching Prison Break one night and did not hear any of the dialogue because I was staring at the bottle of Grey Goose behind the bar in the scene.

If you come to the conclusion you could be a food addict, the steps of OA could help a great deal, I know that my 12 step program changed me in ways I never thought possible. I am now 5 years and 23 weeks sober, have lost 40 lbs and 14% body fat. It was all because I chose to make a change in my life and not let my obsession control me.

Congrat's on 5 + years sober! That's fantastic!!!

I always think about food too and I think I'll check out the OA website to see what it's about. I know that the 12 step program is a great one, so it would be interesting to see how that type of program could help with weight loss.
  • Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    No clue... I have always had this problem. Stop fighting it and use it to your benefit! Plan food out, think about your planned meals and snacks, and what you will make tomorrow. When you get excited about what you planned you stay on track.

^this

i love thinking about food, i cant wait to eat my next meal! but now instead of planning to eat junk, ill enter most of my daily diary in the morning, that way ill think about my mid morning orange! or my turkey wraps ill be cooking later that evening!