Brooks Ghost 5's vs Nike Structure+ 16's

Options
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right place in the forums to post this so bear with me!

I went to a running shop last night and had the gait analysis and what not done, and I've narrowed down my new running shoes to either Brooks Ghost 5's or Nike Structure 16's.

I know absolutely nothing about trainers, I find both very comfortable and they're both fairly similarly priced.

I've never had any proper running shoes before, and was just looking to see if anyone has/has had either of these and their thoughts on them?

I know running shoes are very personalised things, and some feel good for some and not others. For example I went to try on a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16's and immediately had to take them off, didn't feel right at all.

So yeah, any thoughts/feedback that anyone has on either shoe would be a great read!

Thanks x

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    bump for babbity x
  • elliotmore
    Options
    I tried the Mizuno Wave Rider 16s too and they never really felt right, my feet always hurt during or after running. I used to run in the Asics Gel Nimbus series. Never have tried any Nikes for running, but I got the Ghost 5, and loved them right away. No soreness the first time I wore them, which was a 4 mile run. They have felt great since too. I have medium or high arches and usually put pressure on the outside of my feet when I run
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have always run in ghosts and have another pair on their way to my as we speak. That said...my running store has us put on one of each shoe and then run the block. Then ask the question ... which one do you feel the least.