Any musicians out there? (not necessarily professional)

Options
ToddinTX
ToddinTX Posts: 6 Member
I would say that beside my family, I enjoy playing music more than just about anything else. Well, aside from maybe fishing :)

I play:

acoustic guitar
electric guitar
banjo
mandolin
bass

Any other musicians out there, or people who just love to play around with it? Post up what you play and the types of music you enjoy.

For me it's bluegrass, folk, and rock for the most part, though I'll play country too.

Also, feel free to add me as a friend for support!

Todd

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I play the bass guitar. I've mostly played P&W in church bands, but I was also in a big band once.
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am a professional cellist and pianist :)
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options

The cello is one of my three "next instruments." The banjo is another. :smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I play, if you can call it that. Guitars, drums, eidting/mixing tracks and recording. etc. Nothing at all serious though.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

I LOVE cello. Rawrz.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    piano
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I play acoustic guitar. I used to play out at local bars all the time and want to get back to it. If i like a song, i will learn to play it, no matter the genre. I write a little bit, off an on.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Cello here :drinker: and I also sing
  • Drums here. Have played in various bands one of which has a cd on itunes. Im planning to get back into it this summer. Nothing greater as playing live in front of people.
  • aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I play the guitar however, once kids came along I've began neglecting it. I like most genres of music so I would just learn what I was listening to at that time. Really need to start playing agian...
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Drums. Haven't played in a band in over 20 years, and now-a-days I just get behind the kit to impress my 12yo and his friends (they think I'm the greatest drummer ever). :laugh:
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Was trained in classical guitar, branched into rock n roll twds high school, but now would rather pick up and play some nice flamenco style finger pickin'.

Also play:

*Bass
    *Trumpet
    *Alto Sax
    *Tenor Sax
    *Bagpipes
    *Tuba
    *Baritone
    *Used to could make my way on harmonica, but it's been a long time....