30 Day Shred or ????

Options
I'm on Day 6 of 30 day shred. I like it, I feel like it's working but the last 2 days my left foot hurts after. I had stress fractures in the foot about 15 years ago so I'm a little nervous. My foot had been broken/fractured twice before that from gymnastics. Is this workout, specifically the jumping jacks and calisthenics, going to be too high impact for me?

More about me, I'm 42, 5' 3" and current weight is 140. I would like to lose 10-12 lbs more. In addition to the foot issue, I have herniated discs in my neck from a car accident so overhead lifting with heavy weights is out. Otherwise, I'm healthy. I have a weight bench, barbell, dumbells and weight plates at home in addition to a full gym membership.

Should I stick with 30 day shred as is, modify the calisthenics portion, or try something else? Recommendations welcome.

Replies

• katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump- hoping someone can give me some advice. Thanks.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I would modify it. As long as you're keeping that heart rate up, it shouldn't matter. I have mild asthma and get winded from some of the prolonged cardio moved, so I wll just switch to sidesteps or marching in place while I catch my breath.
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rosie. I'll try that tonight and see how it goes.