easy low calorie healthy strawberry pie (really good!)

Options
5 cups of strawberrys - quartered
1/3 cup of room temp water
3/4 cup splenda
1 packet of unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup of boiling water
1/4 cup of reduced sugar smuckers strawberry jelly
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust (i use keebler)
cool whip light

- cut up strawberrys into measuring cup and put aside into a large bowl
-pour 1/3 cup of water into a bowl, add 3/4 cup splenda and mix well
-pour packet of gelatin over water/ splenda mixture. (dont mix, just let it sit for 1 minute)
- boil the other 1/3 cup of water and pour into water/gelatin/splenda mixture, mix well
-stir in 1/4 cup reduced sugar smuckers strawberry jelly and whisk
- but bowl into ice bath and stir continually until thickened a little (about 1 minute should be fine)
- pour over large bowl of strawberrys and mix with hands to coat strawberrys well.
-pour into reduced fat graham cracker pie crust and refridgerate until solid (about 1-2 hours)
-take our of refridgerator, spread cool whip light (a good amount) over strawberrys and refridgerate again

i got this recipe off of the back of a splenda bag, but changed the berries to strawberries and used less (to have a more pie-like consistency) and the jelly to strawberry jelly, and added cool whip light to to top it with. it is realllly good! and it stays good for a couple days. it's the healthiest pie i've ever made in my life. you could change the berries to blueberries and use blueberry jelly, or raspberries and use raspberry jelly if you want. i just tried strawberry because that was the kind of jelly i had in my house, i loved it. everyone here at it up fast! it's a great way to get fruit servings in! :)

Replies