Last 5 lbs won't come off. Need suggestions!

Options
I'm at my smallest right now (130lbs) and its been a journey to get here. I really want 5 more pounds just to be greedy for me for once. Would like to lower body fat % so that I can actually get abs to show. I like food and I like resistance (and cardio) exercise. I'm netting around 1500 a day and try to work out 3-4 times per week. Not sure if my metabolism has slowed down and I need to eat more (my BMR is around 1650) or if I should cut the calories further (I have a hard time with this). I'm willing to try new things. Suggestions please!

Replies

• jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 1650, you need to be netting at least that much and a little more. And then if you exercise, make sure you're eating those back!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE and eat about 10% below that, make sure you're doing strength training and getting a good amount of protein, and track your progress through photos, measurements and how clothes fit instead of the scale.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 5 by zig zagging and carb cycling. Don't think of it as a linear thing...eat more on the days you workout and less on the days you don't. Your body will eventually figure it out.