Question!!!!!!!!

jessicajoy87
jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, I was wondering if someone can explain to me how exercising and low carb dieting works? When you exercise you burn calories but to are not counting calories you are counting carbs. Does exercising actually help lose weight on low carb diets or does it just help put you in shape by gaining muscle? Can someone please explain?

Replies

• Anyone?
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    The thing is, carbs aren't bad if you are eating the right carbs, whole grain, non-processed. Your body really needs carbs. You can google what whole grain carbs do for your body and I am sure you will come up with loads of reasons and functions. You also need to eat fruits (also loaded with good carbs) as they are full of other vitamins and nutrients your body needs. Should you limit your carbs to a certain amount, yes. But that doesn't mean cutting them out completely or going to low. Like everything else, eat them in moderation and the right kind and it will be the best for your body, even when trying to loose weight. As for losing weight by exercising, yes, it helps you loose weight in combination with a proper diet. Strength training will help you gain muscle mass which will up your metabolism and help burn fat and calories as they come in. Cardio is not only good for your heart, but will also burn off the fat. Strength training only will just build the muscle under the fat, so you need to add cardio for burning calories at a high rate (getting your heart rate up to 75-85% of your MHR for at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week). The better and longer your cardio workout, the longer you will have what is called "after-burn" where for up to 48 hours you will continue to burn calories at a high rate. Can you loose weight with just a low carb diet and no exercise, yes. But it is hard to stick to for more than a few months. I have been there, tried that and have since learned how good carbs are for my body.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Even with low carb, in order to lose weight, calories in must be less than calories out.
This discussion has been closed.