TDEE Help? So confusing >.<

Options
Ok my TDEE according to http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ is 1698 calories a day....
While my TDEE according IIFYM.com is 2138 calories a day.....
Which do I choose?!
I'm sedentary 98% of the time...

(Height: 5ft 10.51in Age 18 Weight 130lbs Body fat%: ~18.15% Gender: Male :P)

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    1percentedge should give you options for which formula used to calculate your bmr/tdee. I forget the names but the Harris-Benedict (?) is higher and is what IIFYM uses and I think 1percentedge defaults to Hatch-McKirdle (?)

I am guessing at the names because I can't access the websites from my work computer.

Your weight is quite low for your height and sex. How did you calculate your bodyfat %?

fat2fitradio.com has some good calculators that you can do with just a tape measure.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I tend to always go with the simplest approach, so I use this calc http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and was about 18% body fat when I weighed 165lbs... How is that thirty pounds more, and three inches shorter but the same bf%? :)
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and was about 18% body fat when I weighed 165lbs... How is that thirty pounds more, and three inches shorter but the same bf%? :)

More muscle.. he is a tall skinny dude.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    u could just stick between both of them!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    More muscle.. he is a tall skinny dude.

True. My body type is more Wolverine than Nightcrawler.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Use scooby calculatiors they are very accurate
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I went through about 8 TDEE calculators from various sites then took the average figure from them all and went from that.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    So I take it probably the most accurate one is the one that gives you the lowest number eh? More than likely -_- I miss the day's when I burned 1700 just by being alive.... *sigh*