Baggy clothes..anyone else?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I stress every morning now because I can't find anything that actually fits me, so I have to wear the old XXL clothes when I am now more like a L, and plan to get lower still. It drives me crazy, but I can't afford new clothes at the mo.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    In addition to the thrift stores everyone else has posted about, my newest love is Marshall's. Their clearance is killer. 3 pairs of really nice slacks for $10-15 each. Thrift stores aren't scarce, they are just a pain for me to get to, whereas Marshall's is near the Target and shoe store I frequent :-)

I do Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat Factory to get outfits while I'm in working my way down to my goal weight. I noticed once I got down to below 12, there was a very subtle difference in sizes that followed.

I look terrible in my 12, 13 jeans but can get away with wearing 10's and 9's as they just look loose vs the hobo look :laugh:
    Yesterday I was able to buy size 8's and I only bought 2 pair so that I can switch off until I can go down to the next size....soooooo that means it depends on what day you catch me on and where I am as far as getting laundry done!

Sometimes I look cute and sometimes I look frumpy :laugh:
  • sjanejack
    Options
    I have that problem, I use a belt but it still doesn't help the baggyness much if at all.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting up the thrift stores and consignment stores. I don't feel too bad about buying clothes I hope to only wear for a few months if I don't pay much for them. Also, if you only wear them for a little while, you can probably sell them and make your money back from your original purchase. :-)

this
  • rCatheriner
    rCatheriner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    'Luckily' I kept all my clothes as I gained weight so have those as I lose it again! I'm throwing away the bigger stuff this time though so I can't kid myself I'm ok because I have clothes to wear if I gain again.

I agree. I did the same thing. I've lost about 25 pounds, but because I refused to buy a size bigger than an 18, all my clothes still fit (I was wearing stretchy skirts and dresses all the time). It's nice to be able to wear jeans again! Still have a long way to go, but I have clothes that will fit me along the way "luckily." I agree with the throwing them out this time- no need to have a crutch to fall on!
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had settled on the baggy look at work (work uniform = khaki pants and red polo) - I work at a daycare with one year olds, so it's nice to be comfortable. Anyway, my thoughts on the baggy look changed one day when one of my kids at the daycare yanked my shorts down to my ankles (he was just trying to stand up) - luckily my baggy shirt hid all of my goodies, but it was good for a laugh for us all. Anyway, a few days later, I showed up to work wearing clothes that actually fit and surprised everyone. I guess I was hiding underneath all of the big stuff for so long that people didn't realize how much I'd lost. It was like Oprah's big reveal! :-)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    98% of my clothes don't fit me. All too loose. I need to get new clothes.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Goodwilll, Plato's closet, and the clearance racks have been my best friends. You deserve to look good while you're losing weight.

I'd never buy underwear or a bathing suit second hand.

I've had wonderful luck at Goodwill. I find a lot of things with the tags still on, especially the smaller I get. It seems like people buy things and think they will fit, then they don't fit so they donate. I have a brand new White House Black Market top and dress that still have tags.

You deserve to look good. It feels so good to look good, it's motivating and confidence boosting.
  • sloNsteady
    sloNsteady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the scale lies...clothes don't lie, this is always a good thing to me.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I too am rocking the baggy clothes. It's awesome and terrible all at the same time but I am not buying anymore clothes until I reach my GW, I can't afford it lol
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well I had a success today, I tried on all my jeans today and kept the smaller size, the ones that fitted, and put the baggier ones to one side ready to give to a charity shop.

Anyway, there is an awfully snotty Mum on the school run who snorted down her nose at me and said "Wow, you have lost weight, you were really big before!" so I replied "Yes I know, I have loads of jeans that are far too big for me now... Do you want them?"

A bit mean I know, but she deserved it!

*like*
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure where to post this but decided it is a success... I look frumpy all the time b/c my clothes are getting baggy on me!! :-) I hate to buy new clothes till I'm closer to my goal so am going to hold off. My 13 year old told me this morning he'd punch a new hole in my belt for me tonight to get me by, what a sweetie! So i guess in the meantime I'll look frumpy and know it's all part of my success story!
    Good place to post!! I still have a long way to go and do not want to buy new either. I am kinda lucky. I am one of those people that do not want to get rid of clothes I've "out grown" Hence my closet is my shopping grounds my 4x all the way down to 16.
    Underware- some brand new ones never worn cause too small when I got them home. 3 Sizes smaller than I am now. The list goes on. So new clothes for me will be at my goal. ( Never thought about thrift stores! that is where I donate the few clothes I do get rid of.! ) :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!