Losing weight and Weed

Options
13»

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 60 lbs while smoking multiple times a day. I was able to control the munchies fairly well, but it wasn't easy (they were a big reason i got so big to begin with).

I have since cut back on the smoking and smoke much less often, but find it a little harder to control the munchies now that i smoke less often. Perhaps because i think to myself "you dont do this often, so live it up and crush that bag of chips!"
  • agirltoremember98
    Options
    I personally don't get the munchies. I usually don't eat when i smoke weed. So it has no effect either way. It depends on the person i think.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    1242802986_arnoldsmokingpot.gif
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of possible friends here. Add me!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I dont smoke pot, but if I did, I would not be able to diet. I'm sure of it.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost weight, am still losing weight, and expect to continue to my goal.

You just have to be consistent, make healthy choices and stay disciplined, just like anyone who doesn't use cannabis has to do.
    I agree!
  • princeliam
    Options
    1242802986_arnoldsmokingpot.gif

THIS. HA!

I think that the munchies depends on your reaction to the drug. I do get snacky when I smoke, but I do when I drink, too... I think that helping you sleep better is almost a fair trade, though, if you limit the sugar.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I am an elderly man. I smoke a very small amount of weed once a month before I do yoga (which I do more often than once a month ...at least once a week) It helps me to tune in to my body and I can target my exercise better. Other than that, I can't see how small amounts could hurt a weight loss regime ... except for the dreaded Munchies of course.

This is awesome!! I'm so happy to see older people staying healthy in their mind and bodies!!

I want to be you when I grow up, sir.
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you can't smoke and watch your food, you need to learn self control. I smoke on a daily basis and have had no problem losing 85 lbs. I haven't met my goal yet, but that has nothing to do with the weed. Keep tokin up if you can control your munchies. If you can't, you should probably drop it or only use it every now and then.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Snoop dog is pretty skinny.
    This is a very good point.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Snoop dog is pretty skinny.

as is Willie Nelson.
  • dasein83
    Options
    This post has made my night. What an excellent bunch of people.

For the record, I was a prolific weed smoker back in the day, and slim as anything. After a night out, a good smoke was far superior than food. Sadly, not these days. Ah, the joys of youth.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It used to be super hard NOT to get munchies.. but after I really TRULY decided to actually work my *kitten* off and lose weight it was easy. I still get them but I do tend to lean for the healthier snacks, especially healthier cereal/ fruit.. it can totally be done!!
  • samnco
    samnco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily smoker. I have heard the it slows down your metabolism, not sure if there is any truth to that other than it can make you lazy. Sometimes I forget to eat. The only correlation I have between smoking and it preventing weight loss is that my boyfriend has a problem with the munchies...so at night we'll smoke and it's hard for me to not join in on tasty treats. If it were up to me none of these things would even be in the house :)
This discussion has been closed.