Restaurants without Nutritional Info available

Options
I'm going out to lunch at a bagel place. The only nutritional info they provide is that their bagels are around 290 calories, and high in protein and fiber.

Do I just guess at the calories of the toppings/sandwich fixings they put on the bagel?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm going out to lunch at a bagel place. The only nutritional info they provide is that their bagels are around 290 calories, and high in protein and fiber.

Do I just guess at the calories of the toppings/sandwich fixings they put on the bagel?

ummm...duh.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    figure 2 ounces of cream cheese, minimum.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    yeah, that's all you can do sometimes (didn't want to seem more than "friendly" rude).
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    use the MFP app?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Well... what else could you do? I mean, your only other option is to only get toppings that are easily quantifiable. A 1oz. container of cream cheese is easily quantifiable. That's what I would do.
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would see if another bagel restaurant posts their nutrition information and try to gauge based on that. Somewhere like Brueggers, Panera, etc.
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just give a good guess at entering what is in the food I order. There are a lot of entries in MFP so I usually check the nutritional value on a handful of similar items and take one that seems middle of the pack. I'm on maintenance though, not trying to lose weight anymore. I'm intetersted to see what others have to say on this topic as well. Wondering if anyone has other tips.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to guesstimate. I generally don't eat at places without nutritional info. because where I live, there are plenty of options WITH the info. available. But if I did end up at a place without it, I would just have to give it my best guess. I've been on here for awhile and am very familiar with serving sizes now, so it's pretty easy for me to estimate, but I can see how it might be a little more challenging for someone new. :flowerforyou:
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'd guestimate, perhaps look up the calorie count for a similar bagel from a similar restaurant. It's the best you can do ;)