Day 1 - Insanity® 27/02/13

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm Lucy, I am 26yrs old and live in London, UK. I am currently 5'2 a flickering between 147-149lbs. My UWG is around 115-120lbs.

I have just done the Insanity® Fit Test and my lord am I now worried about what my 1st real day will bring!

Here are my fit test results as of day 1...

1.Switch Kicks - 84 (42 reps)
2.Power Jacks - 43
3.Power Knees - 72
4.Power Jumps - 26
5.Globe Jumps - 7 (Really thought they would be easier when I saw them LOL)
6.Suicide Jumps - 13
7.Push Up Jacks - 15
8.Low Plank Obliques - 52 (I counted the individually)

So if anyone would like to add me and we can try motivate through MFP as we put ourselves through the grueling (but worthwhile I believe) challenge. I may attempt to write a blog about this! If I have the energy.

Myself personally I will be doing this in the evenings as at the moment I am not a morning person, although this may change. I actually prefer evening workouts. Another this is I do a gym class on Wednesdays and Saturdays so for now will say that I wont be doing Insanity® on those days but the Saturday class is at 10:30am so I'm sure I can fit them both in that day, Wednesday is doubtful though!! I am also going to be following a 1750cal diet, as calculated from their nutritional guide. I will not be using Shakeology® as this is not cheap, especially to get in the UK! If after a while I feel this is too much I may drop it down but only to maybe 1600cals as I don't want to go too low!

I tend to use my iPhone to log as opposed the PC so I am not on the forums as much. (NOTE: To MFP creators.....please make these forums part of the iPhone app...I feel as I am sure many others do that I sometimes miss out on this part of the support!)

Anywhoo take care for now and I hope to see lots of guys and girls joining me on this challenge.

Love Lucy xox :)

Replies

• jabrock9
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity since the end of December, but only 2 to 3 days per week, so I'm actually doing the second fit test tomorrow. I do other workouts as well, Les Mills Pump, running, weights, etc... I really like this program so far, I haven't been this challenged in a long time. Sending you a friend request so we can motivate each other and compare notes. Hope to hear from you.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 now and it is NO JOKE!!! It's so tough!!

My best advice: It's assumed that no one can get through the whole workout without stopping for a (many!) break - even Shaun T can't!! lol By about the end of week 2, I was really letting that fact get the better of me. I would take a break every time I felt a *little tired. Then I shook it off and decided that I really need to push through - so I started setting mini goals for myself - eg. "complete this set without one break - then have an official break" or "do at least 5 of this exercise before resting" Once I started setting those little goals, my workout changed big time! I was really "digging deeper" then!

Good luck! I hope you find some good buddies who are starting around the same time! :)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd week of Insanity and feel great. Yes you will not get through the workout without taking breaks not even the people in the video can do it but KEEP GOING!!! Honestly that fit test was a workout so i expected A LOT worse for the workouts but it wasn't as bad as i expected.. Now don't get me wrong its tough but I got through it. YOU CAN DO IT : )
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    Its one id my favorite workouts and still normally do two phase 2 workouts each week. Its a pain in the *kitten* but you will see you get better every week!
  • StacieJMattson
    Options
    I just did day 2 of Insanity and it is actually not as bad as I had expected! The fit test was grueling! Made me want to puke! Today was a challenge but I got through it! I am hoping to stick with it and see results! Good luck to you!
  • StacieJMattson
    Options
    What do you put for your exercise journal??? Not sure what to log Insanity as.....
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    Haha I'm one of those bad people who don't end up logging their exercises. :/ your best bet is likely to invest in a heart rate monitor though.
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    I calculate with a HRM. You can input your own exercises & calaries burned into MFP.
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity since the end of December, but only 2 to 3 days per week, so I'm actually doing the second fit test tomorrow. I do other workouts as well, Les Mills Pump, running, weights, etc... I really like this program so far, I haven't been this challenged in a long time. Sending you a friend request so we can motivate each other and compare notes. Hope to hear from you.

How do you find Les Mills Pump, I looked at that one too. They have so many!! Lol.
    I'm on week 4 now and it is NO JOKE!!! It's so tough!!

My best advice: It's assumed that no one can get through the whole workout without stopping for a (many!) break - even Shaun T can't!! lol By about the end of week 2, I was really letting that fact get the better of me. I would take a break every time I felt a *little tired. Then I shook it off and decided that I really need to push through - so I started setting mini goals for myself - eg. "complete this set without one break - then have an official break" or "do at least 5 of this exercise before resting" Once I started setting those little goals, my workout changed big time! I was really "digging deeper" then!

Good luck! I hope you find some good buddies who are starting around the same time! :)

Yea I quiet expectidly had to stop a number of times. The workout yesterday was slightly shorter then I expected. Another tip I heard was too look at the move then look away to do it as watching the others can be distracting when they are going soooo fast. What kind of results have you had in those 4 weeks?
    I'm in my 2nd week of Insanity and feel great. Yes you will not get through the workout without taking breaks not even the people in the video can do it but KEEP GOING!!! Honestly that fit test was a workout so i expected A LOT worse for the workouts but it wasn't as bad as i expected.. Now don't get me wrong its tough but I got through it. YOU CAN DO IT : )

Yea I noticed that yesterdays was nowhere near as bad as I expected. I wont go into the others assuming that they wont be though!! I am going to keep going! Keep going too huni! Have you noticed any difference in your body yet?
    I just did day 2 of Insanity and it is actually not as bad as I had expected! The fit test was grueling! Made me want to puke! Today was a challenge but I got through it! I am hoping to stick with it and see results! Good luck to you!

I did day 2 last night, I wrote day 1 in the title not realising that the fit test was day 1! LOL. I was pleasently surprised by this workout! Seen online people saying they hated Plyo but that was not as bad as I expected and it went quicker too! With regards to logging I use my HRM and use an online calculator using that and my VO2 Max number.
    Its one id my favorite workouts and still normally do two phase 2 workouts each week. Its a pain in the *kitten* but you will see you get better every week!

Did you notice a big difference when you completed it?

Feel free to post results in here too ladies! Any motivation to keep going is much appriciated! :smile:
  • wolfcounty
    Options
    Yeah, I had my best results ever doing insanity. Of course I put some weight back on when I fell off with nutrition, but insanity showed the best fat burn I've done yet
  • caspergirl7
    Options

[/quote]
    Yea I noticed that yesterdays was nowhere near as bad as I expected. I wont go into the others assuming that they wont be though!! I am going to keep going! Keep going too huni! Have you noticed any difference in your body yet?
    [/quote]

Yes I have!! I've lost almost 5 lbs since starting & I feel much better : )