Finally Made the Diet Soda Cupcakes!!

Options

Replies

• Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I finally made the cupcake recipe that I saw on the forum. I used.

1 Box of Orange Supreme Cake Mix
    1 Can of Diet Orange Soda
    2 Egg Whites
    Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting

photo-27.jpg

You just blend all of these ingredients together and bake as cupcakes. You leave out the whole eggs, oil, and water it calls for. I could not even tell the difference. I am going to use this recipe for when I make birthday cupcakes/cake now! This was definitely one of the best recipes on here!
    Looks delish!!! gonna try it!
  • optimist49
    Options
    Bump
  • amlong73
    amlong73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bryoun2
    bryoun2 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm trying these tomorrow!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've used a can of diet Dr. Pepper and Devil's food cake....yummy!! I've also done the spice cake and pumpkin one!! I make pumpkin bread with it!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    I've used yellow cake + diet 7 up and it turned out amazing.
    For the frosting I combined maybe like 3 tbs lite cool whip + 1 tbs of peanut butter.(I also added like a squeeze of honey and half a scoop of chocolate protein powder for the frosting but you don't need to.)
    No idea on the calorie amount but it was freaking delicious. :]
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I finally made the cupcake recipe that I saw on the forum. I used.

1 Box of Orange Supreme Cake Mix
    1 Can of Diet Orange Soda
    2 Egg Whites
    Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting

photo-27.jpg

You just blend all of these ingredients together and bake as cupcakes. You leave out the whole eggs, oil, and water it calls for. I could not even tell the difference. I am going to use this recipe for when I make birthday cupcakes/cake now! This was definitely one of the best recipes on here!

not to sound like a nerd - it's late and i'm sleepy haha - list all the ingredients above...then...1st instruction says "you just blend all of the ingredients...."
    ...does this INCLUDE the coolwhip vanilla frosting - or is the frosting for later/on top?

:)

I had the exact same question since it says to blend all the ingredients together.....felt silly asking because I think I know the answer, but just wanted to be sure

Frosting on top, not in the mix. It's right next to the Cool Whip in the frozen section. I like the cool whip frosting straight out of the tub. :love:
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Frosting on top, not in the mix. It's right next to the Cool Whip in the frozen section. I like the cool whip frosting straight out of the tub. :love:

Thanks! That helps a lot. I completely had my doubts about the Cool Whip frosting -- I will now try it! I think the colas might be good in a chocolate cake, so I will try that, too.

I wonder if pumpkin will work in a packaged brownie mix? Thoughts?
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome!
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    yummy!

bump!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Another good. Recipe is a box of sugar free yellow or white cake mix an a 20oz can of pineapple tidbits with the juice. Just mix the two together and bake as cupcakes according to the temp on the box. They are delicious and only about 40 calories per cupcake without topping. You can use cool whip for icing if u want.

OMG This sounds amazing! I will have to try this.

I make brownies with Greek yogurt and water instead of the egg and oil. SOOOOO delicious!
  • TekMom
    TekMom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wonder if pumpkin will work in a packaged brownie mix? Thoughts?

Pumpkin puree mixed w/ packaged brownie mix is great! I make it in little mini muffin tins, & have bite size pieces of "fudge" for that chocolate fix without destroying a diet.
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    YOU DO KNOW THAT DIET SODA , is really really bad for you right ? LIKE ... UGH WOW!!!!
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    YOU DO KNOW THAT DIET SODA , is really really bad for you right ? LIKE ... UGH WOW!!!!
    35780752.jpg
  • Sandy3313
    Options
    I really wanted to try this but could not find orange supream cake mix can you use chocolate cake mix with diet coke the same way??? I really sounded yummy!!
  • Sandy3313
    Options
    BUMPPP! cherry diet coke!!!!
  • Sandy3313
    Options
    bump
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    BUMP!