calculating ww food values

Options
I signed up for ww today and receive d my little welcome pack with my pocket guide and pamphlets. Am I missing something because I don't see where it tells me how to calculate points for different foods and they are certainly are not all listed in the pocket guide. Thanks!

Replies

• lorettafagg
    Options
    I joined WW a week ago and I enter my foods online in the food tracker also called the points plus tracker. When you enter the foods the points are automatically added. If you enter a food in the search box it will give you the point value of the foods. I am still learning the system myself but so far that is what I am using
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Unless something has changed in the past year, you need to use the WW online calculator or buy one of their calculators. There may be a version of the calculator somewhere online but I haven't looked for it.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So there's a special calculator or I have to use the online one? How did I miss that in the introduction to this?! Thanks!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    You used to be able to do simple math to find out the WW points. But ever since they changed to the Points Plus system they haven't made the calculations public because they want people to buy their tools.

I bake a lot for my team at work and some of them are on WW, so I did manage to find one trustworthy Points Plus calculator online for free: http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_calculators/weight_watchers_calculator.phtml
  • maxinecc
    maxinecc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you can down load free apps if you have a smart phone or as a general rule 1 point is equal to 40 calories