Fasting while trying to lose weight?

Options
Hi all - I am going in for bloodwork tomorrow and have to fast until then. Unfortunately it wont be as easy as just waking up and doing it. Any ideas on how to get my calories and exercise in without starving my body? thanks!

Replies

• mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Eat normally after your blood work is done. If you can't/don't hit your calorie goals or miss exercise for one day it's not going to derail all your progress. Just don't exercise before your bloodwork, that wouldn't be a good idea while fasting.
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Eat normally after your blood work is done. If you can't/don't hit your calorie goals or miss exercise for one day it's not going to derail all your progress. Just don't exercise before your bloodwork, that wouldn't be a good idea while fasting.
    Alright! Thank you for the advice. Luckily tomorrow is my break day from weights so I only need to worry about cardio.
  • mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    fasting is fine and is in fact a method of eating. I myself fast for around 18 hours a day (including my sleep time, so about 10 hours awake), and then i eat all my food for the day about 4 hours before going to sleep. Its a style called intermittent fasting.

the important thing is that you get all your calories and your macronutrients each day, doesn't matter when.
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    fasting is fine and is in fact a method of eating. I myself fast for around 18 hours a day (including my sleep time, so about 10 hours awake), and then i eat all my food for the day about 4 hours before going to sleep. Its a style called intermittent fasting.

the important thing is that you get all your calories and your macronutrients each day, doesn't matter when.
    Hm, I've never heard of that. i will have to have a look at it.