I am confused.

Options
I know that I am not the best at clean eating, but I do try to eat veggies, fruits, and walks around with a gallon of water every day, since there isn't a water fountain at work, normally I drink about 3-4 parts of the gallon and yes I do have a weakness for sweets, but I don't eat muffins, cakes, brownies and stuff like everyday, once in a blue moon yes, but not all the times. Anyway, I was looking at some of the diaries of food posted and was wondering, what I am doing wrong? The scale barely move an inch, but these people are dropping weight, like it's nothing. How do these people manage to lose so much weight with some of the stuff they eat? If I tried eating like that I would blow up a balloon. Does anyone suggestions?

Replies

• mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Eat in moderation from what ive seen is most people eat a whole bunch of small meals a day rather than a few larger ones.... As for snacks.... Im not sure i dont eat snacks lol if i do its only part of a banana or crackers
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I find that if I do a lot of fresh fruits and veggies (probably 7-9 servings a day), eat whole grains, and keep it to small portions of lean meat--all the while keeping it between 1200-1400 calories a day, the pounds melt off. I too have a sweet tooth, but fi nd that the fruits and veggies are really really sweet when I avoid sugary stuff. I try to keep it to a taste of desserts (one bite). So far (since January 4) this has been working for me. I do 4 300-400 calorie meals a day
  • rossk19
    Options
    I try to exercise everyday or almost everyday whilst eating my minimum 1200 calories, this means that I can 'bank' all of the calories I burn exercising rather than using them up having little treats all the time (but once in a while is a good motivator). Even just a bit of walking is good. Hope this helps x
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The "stuff" people eat has nothing to do with it. Stop worrying about how clean you're eating and make sure you're hitting the calorie number you're allowed for the day. Muffins don't make people fat, eating too much does
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    The "stuff" people eat has nothing to do with it. Stop worrying about how clean you're eating and make sure you're hitting the calorie number you're allowed for the day. Muffins don't make people fat, eating too much does
    QFT
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh or measure the foods you eat or are just eye balling the portions?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my calories!! :bigsmile:
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    QFT

QFT? quit f***ing talking?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    QFT

^ Again, for some emphasis. My diet is no where near "clean," however you want to define that rather vague term.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Your food diary does look quite nice!

I am curious how tall you are, and how you track your exercise calories. Do you go by MFP estimates? It's possible they are incorrect, and if you only have a small deficit set up you are undoing it.
  • mylosflipper
    Options
    I weigh and measure everything!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    QFT

Lol:laugh:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    QFT

lol nooo ;p
    (quoted for truth)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Yep This for the Most Part.

I think your protein is too high and your not tracking fiber but it looks like it is too low and you are not tracking water. With these your body is retaining water. Fluids are a big part of my day and so are potty breaks but oh well. I make sure I get 90-110g of protein 20-30g fiber about 12 cups of fluids the rest is whatever turns me on to get to 1,500 calories, yesterday I had a cupcake the day before pizza, planning on popcorn tonight and I drink alcohol. I also do light exercise 6 days a week and have dropped 5 pounds so far this month. For personal info I am 5'2" 181# 46 and menopausal. Good luck. Add me if you would like additional support.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    QFT

Quoted for truth
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I know that I am not the best at clean eating, but I do try to eat veggies, fruits, and walks around with a gallon of water every day, since there isn't a water fountain at work, normally I drink about 3-4 parts of the gallon and yes I do have a weakness for sweets, but I don't eat muffins, cakes, brownies and stuff like everyday, once in a blue moon yes, but not all the times. Anyway, I was looking at some of the diaries of food posted and was wondering, what I am doing wrong? The scale barely move an inch, but these people are dropping weight, like it's nothing. How do these people manage to lose so much weight with some of the stuff they eat? If I tried eating like that I would blow up a balloon. Does anyone suggestions?

How long have you been the same weight? How careful are you about portion measurement? I suspect you're not, because all the numbers in your diary appear very round: 4 oz of this, 6 oz of that, etc.

And what's your age/height/weight?
  • pinky68abc
    Options
    Just wondering if you are using an old scale. I didnt think I was losing until I switched to a digital scale. You mentioned it wasnt moving an inch.
  • Lindaj107
    Options
    You are right, I do not weigh my food all the time, but I do try to eye ball, i will start measuring every thing now.
  • Lindaj107
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I needed to be reminded that different things works for different people, and all I can do is improve by making better food choices for me.
  • Lindaj107
    Options
    It's a digital scale, but we've had for 4 yrs now, don't they have like at least ten year warranty?