If your stomach is growling after 7pm

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Most definitely and I have a 400 calorie snack waiting on me around 11 tonight when I go into bed... Which I do every night... Meal frequency makes absolutely no difference on weight loss. The only reason not to eat late would be if you have a condition like acid reflux other than that eat whenever you want just make sure you hit your calorie goals... Best of Luck
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream is my BFF
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    beer(s)
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a little odd, in that I eat about half of my days calories after 7. WIthin the two hour window before I go to bed I eat about 1-1.3k calories. Works good, I don't go to bed hungry.... and I stay busy enough during the day that I'm not usually very hungry.

I absolutely hate days when I eat dinner before 6:30 pm, because it means I can't eat as much before bed. I find it much easier to say no to office snacks, and temptations during the day, when I know I can have a big rewarding meal to end my day. I realize i"ve been doing this for years, and its now being made popular by a program pushed by Nate Miyaki, a fairly popular fat loss coach.

Morning - 3-400 calorie breakfast... Eggs, or a protein shake

Lunch - Beans, rice or sweet potato and chicken, and half a bag of frozen veggies (400ish calories)

Preworkout snack - around 200 or so calories, mostly carbs

Dinner (4-500 calorie meal. Pretty high in carbs as this is post workout.. Two sweet potatoes, veggies, and steak maybe)

Eat the remainder in snacks immediately or shortly after dinner...

bed, after totaling 2-2.5k calories.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I usually eat anywhere from 500-800 calories after 7pm (dinner and a snack).
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Most definitely and I have a 400 calorie snack waiting on me around 11 tonight when I go into bed... Which I do every night... Meal frequency makes absolutely no difference on weight loss. The only reason not to eat late would be if you have a condition like acid reflux other than that eat whenever you want just make sure you hit your calorie goals... Best of Luck

@ED - your weight loss is phenomenal! Just checked out your pics and your success! WOW - inspiring.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sure...mine usually is, since I haven't eaten dinner yet and I'm probably just finishing my workout.

I eat dinner between 8pm and 9:30pm usually...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    YES! I do not like hunger.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's fine.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah. I eat the majority of my calories AFTER 7pm (after I work out). Nothing bad ever happened because of it...
  • madrose0715
    Options
    I'm a little odd, in that I eat about half of my days calories after 7. WIthin the two hour window before I go to bed I eat about 1-1.3k calories. Works good, I don't go to bed hungry.... and I stay busy enough during the day that I'm not usually very hungry.

I absolutely hate days when I eat dinner before 6:30 pm, because it means I can't eat as much before bed. I find it much easier to say no to office snacks, and temptations during the day, when I know I can have a big rewarding meal to end my day. I realize i"ve been doing this for years, and its now being made popular by a program pushed by Nate Miyaki, a fairly popular fat loss coach.

Morning - 3-400 calorie breakfast... Eggs, or a protein shake

Lunch - Beans, rice or sweet potato and chicken, and half a bag of frozen veggies (400ish calories)

Preworkout snack - around 200 or so calories, mostly carbs

Dinner (4-500 calorie meal. Pretty high in carbs as this is post workout.. Two sweet potatoes, veggies, and steak maybe)

Eat the remainder in snacks immediately or shortly after dinner...

bed, after totaling 2-2.5k calories.

- I am still working on a deficit basis so those numbers are not even close to what I am eating. But interestingly enough, the diet you are describing sounds alot like how my son eats. Lots of sweet potatoes, beans, fish, etc...
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i eat a 500 calorie meal at 10 pm lol
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I always have a snack before bed
  • madrose0715
    Options
    ok, I feel better in my decision to have eaten now that many agree there is nothing wrong with it. I am always looks for ways to improve my eating habits so I guess if the consensus is that I have the calories available, to go ahead and eat'em. Cuz ya - I hate the grumbly tummy!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Of course I do! While I'm sleeping is when the body is doing the magic. Repairing the microtears from lifting that day. So it needs fuel to get the job done.
  • Chgosportsgal
    Options
    Absolutely! Remember, when you're hungry, no matter what time, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down. I usually eat cottage cheese or greek yogurt with fresh fruit around 8:30pm.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Fer sure.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I work 7 PM to 7 AM, there's no way not to run around at work and not eat. My main meal is usually around 1 AM. Calories can't tell time
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

@ED - your weight loss is phenomenal! Just checked out your pics and your success! WOW - inspiring.

Thank You :flowerforyou:
  • kacolarusso
    Options
    Most nights I have a late snack. One of my favorite is Tostitos with Pico De Gallo. (chopped tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro with a squeeze of lime juice). There are very few calores in a good size bowl of Pico. A one oz of Tostitos is only 140 calories -usually 14-16 chips. If I don't have enough calories for the Tostitos I slice zucchuni slices and use them like chips... Other nights I used my extras for a glass of wine....