Has anyone done the Run for Your Life Zombie 5k

Options
I'm thinking about making this my first 5k...it looks so fun! I know it's not a standard 5k. Has anyone done this and if so, what'd you think. For those interested, here's the website http://www.runforyourlives.com/ Thanks!

Replies

• tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i haven't done one, but it sounds amazing! that and the color run sound like they would be a good time.
  • jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have never done it, but my daughter & 3 of her friends did and had so much fun!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes! I did it last year, and it was epic!!

Do it!!
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for one in March. Can't wait!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I want to, it sounds really fun but it is expensive!
  • mrkwns24
    Options
    Haven't done Run For Your Life yet, but definitely plan to. If you want just a taste of obstacle races, go for Warrior Dash.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It is not in my area yet, I am hoping it gets her soon. It sounds fun.
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I did it in October with my Husband and sister-in-law. It was not the same title but the same idea (we are in Sacramento). We had a GREAT time! I would definitely do it again.

We did not enter with the expectation or drive to be the 'winner' so we just had a great time and enjoyed the zombies and obstacles and scenery of the run along the river and thru the park. Some zombies in our run did not follow the rules which resulted in some upset runners who were there to 'win'.

The advantage I had was that the zombies always went for my husband (6'3") which allowed me (5'2") to scurry around the pack and save my 'lives'. lol : ) In the end, we had no 'lives' left but we did get a couple of beers that were delicious and well deserved!

Good Luck! It was a lot of fun!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. It does look like a lot of fun, just wish it wasn't so expensive!!