Over 40 Canadian, looking for some locals

Options
Hi everyone, I am looking for some "like minded" locals to join me in my weight loss, good health journey. I already have an amazing group of friends, but not a lot of Canadians. I have struggled with my weight my entire life, but after 40, it became almost impossible to loose weight. I have tried everything and the scale just doesn't move. Add life style and the wonderful health issues that come with turning 40 and being out of shape, it has become an almost impossible feat! However I am on to something new now and it seems to be working. If you have a similar story I would Love to have you as my friend. Please send me a request if you are interested. Thanks everyone (I won't turn you down if your not Canadian :) )

Replies

• Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I married a Canadian, born in New Foundland. Going to visit the rock in August. He has cousins all over Canada.
  • icmefit
    Options
    New Foundland, nice, my good friend Mary was from there, she passed away last November after a short battle with cancer, it was very sad and so hard to watch. She made it home to see everyone there, in New Foundland last summer for one last visit. She was a wonderful caring person, which I think a lot of people from NewFoundland are. Glad to have you as a friend :).
  • mklassy123
    Options
    I'm a Canukaphile who is in Canada pretty much every other weekend. I know that doesn't make me officially Canadian, LOL. My boyfriend is from Montreal and we do a ton of back and forth. I am also over 40, but I have to tell you that since I joined MFP I have been able to lose weight easier than ever before. It's not quick, but it's steady.

I will tell you that my Canada weekends are hard as the food in Montreal is so awesome! I mean AWESOME. The produce always seems better (that's not bad) and the bread and the meats, everything is amazing. There's a patisserie on every corner!

Feel free to add me.
  • april1445
    Options
    Hi there. I'm Canadian, and over 40, so that's 2 for 2. I LOVE this sight because of it's cdn content--better than any other I've tried, plus fabulous friends. Welcome, and please feel free to add me.