Please, Someone Help Me

Options
5'5 female teenager. I weigh 157 pounds. Lost 13 pounds overall since August. I do eat 6 times a day. I eat how much protein, carbs, sodium, sugar, etc. MyFitnessPal tells me to. I drink alot of water. But I can't seem to lose weight for the past 3 months. My friend is dropping weight but that's only because she eats under 1,000 calories a day - which isn't something I want to do. I did research and follow everything that people say - watch your calories, drink water, eat fruits and veggies, don't eat processed foods, etc. I am getting soo irritated and annoyed that I've been eating anything my eye catches lately. I do believe in the whole "lifestyle change" rather than a "diet" but at this point I'm willing for anything to help me lose weight. Although, most people gain weight after a diet. What do I do? I really want to be 140 by summer and at the rate I'm going, I don't know if, heck, I'll still be 157. Please. Just tell me anything healthy to follow. I am looking for something healthy, so gaining weight after the diet won't be a problem. Thanks. No harsh comments please. :)

For my exercises I do zumba and just blast music in my room and dance. I do Tamilee Webb Tighter Assets for your arms and abs. I do measure myself too, so I don't think I'm gaining any muscle yet.

Replies

• doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? How many calories do up eat?

Right off the bat, I'd say if you are following mfp goals, you might want to up your protein intake and lower your carbs. But, I don't know for sure since I can't see your diary yet.

Also, make sure to eat as many fruits and veggies as possible. They help fill you for low cals. And don't be afraid of healthy fats like nuts, seeds, and avocados!

I think you have the right attitude...took me years to really "get it." Don't be discouraged! We are here to help!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is kind of a math thing; to lose a pound a week, you need to have a deficit of 500 calories a day. If you are not achieving your goal, you might look at weighing and measuring everything carefully food-wise. It is super easy to OVERestimate the amount of exercise we are doing and UNDERestimating the amount we are eating. Weighing and measuring will lessen the chance of underestimating your food intake. If you watch your calorie deficit and weigh and measure your food, I'm sure you will see results. Another thing to watch out for is having unrealistic weight-loss expectations: one or one and a half pounds a week is likely the best one can do and still maintain a healthy sustainable diet. Good luck on your journey!
  • DivineDee
    Options
    Weighing and measuring your food is important. Also, do you use a lot of salt on your food. That water weight can hinder your weight lost. I know not to even weigh myself when I have water weight. I can tell by looking at my ankles. Look again at what you are eating. I have learned that some foods I need to stay away from because it hinders my weight lost and sometimes makes me gain instead of lose. But, don't give up.
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you st your diary on public I can take a look at it and give you advices
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you set your diary on public I can take a look at it and give you advices
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Make sure your carbs are vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Don't drink juice or anything sweetened. At your age, you need to make sure you get enough protein. I had success by increasing protein a little, lowering fat, and increasing fiber WAY up - MFP only had me at 14g fiber, I changed it to 40. By trying to get that much fiber, it forces you to eat better food.