fat-free King Prawn Curry!

melville88
melville88 Posts: 137
edited September 20 in Recipes
I was unsure how to list this recipe for a King Prawn curry that I made tonight- it was more Moroccan in spice taste... so perhaps it is better described as a prawn tagine. Anyway, decide for yourself whether it is more Indian or Moroccan and enjoy every fat-free bite:

This is a recipe for One serving- multiply accordingly.

8 cooked King Prawns
1/4 small onion
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp medium strength curry powder
1 tsp ginger puree (3/4 tsp ginger powder)
1/2 tsp garlic puree (or 1 garlic clove)
1/4 tin of plum tomatoes (about 2 plum tomatoes will be required)
1/3 of a courgette, cubed.
Handful of spinach
Optional- sultanas (about 10)

In a sauce pan or a frying pan add a little water and the garlic, ginger, cinnamon and curry powder and saute for 30 seconds to activate the spices.

Next add the onion and courgette; the onion should be soft before proceeding to next step. (if you're using raw king prawns, add them at this step)

Mash up the plum tomatoes in a bowl and add to pan. Allow the courgette to soften and the water from the tomatoes to disappear.

Now taste the sauce and season before adding the spinach and king prawns. If you prefer curries to have a light sweetness, add a few sultanas. When you have added the king prawns and the spinach, allow the spinach to wilt and then serve.

This recipe uses no oil; if you would like to use oil, then fry the spices in oil at the start of the recipe, however water is perfectly effective for this. I served mine with a little couscous (about 2 dessert spoons cooked) and some baby spinach leaves. The whole meal (including the couscous and baby spinach side salad) came in at around 200 calories. Without couscous it is approximately 120 calories and according to MFP fat free! If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think!

xxxxx

Replies

This discussion has been closed.