uk girth restrictions for alton towers

mummyzena
mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
Morning.
Im all booked in to take my biggest 2 to alton towers for a couple of days mid april and happened to notice that they have girth restrictions on the rides but cannot find any info on what they are... Would anyone here be able to give me a brief idea please?xx

Replies

• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I just Googled it for you, this is taken from Alton Towers website.

Are there any restrictions on the attractions?

Yes, height restrictions apply and there is a list of other restrictions (dependent on the ride) and general information at the entry point to each attraction.Our average girth restriction is 52 inches. However, as a result of customer feedback, we have introduced seats on our Nemesis and Oblivion rides accommodating a girth size of 54 inches. For more detailed height, girth and general restrictions, please see signage at the ride entrance

Hope this helps.
  • mummyzena
    Thank you best get measuring my girth.xx
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I've heard they have some special seats as above, I've also heard they have trial seats that are available before you spend hours queuing.

It's a difficult thing to measure, because it can be dependant on where the weight is carried, the type of harness, or a combination of height and girth.
    I've had to slouch down a bit in order to fit due to the combination of my height and chest being too much for an over-shoulder cage to fasten, even with average body fat.
  • mummyzena
    Measured and the 2 places im over 52 are hips and bust. Well 7 weeks to reduce it, an incentive if nothing else.xx