Who else does insanity?

Options
im on day 3 of insanity and I'm already in pain all over my body. I really want to push through it but I'm scared I'll do something wrong.

Should I rest or am I meant to push through the pain?

Replies

• ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test this past Sunday so today will make day 3 for me too. My whole body is also sore and I'm gonna try to push through it. Good luck to you.
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 of insanity and I'm already in pain all over my body. I really want to push through it but I'm scared I'll do something wrong.

If you are in pain or extremely sore, you should rest a day or two. You don't want to run the risk of injury. Listen to your body.
  • greeenerone
    Options
    Unless you have injured something, I think it's best to push. Eventually the aches and pains will reduce.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Insanity has a schedule. Unless injured, follow it
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    It does get better after the first week, but the first 2-5 days are brutal, since your body is acclimating to the new regime. Rest, water, nutrition, and it will get better. Heck, some days, don't push as hard, just make it through, even if you can't keep up with those on the DVD. At my size, I can't do every rep like they can, but I try to keep up and remain cautious so I don't injure myself.

...and the cardio recovery stretch portion, is a must, helps you expand your range of motion, which comes in handy in not being sore later.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three of week two. My body hurt all last week. Today my legs feel a liitle tired but I'm alot less sore. Unless you'r hurt push through. The soreness is normal and good. Embrace it. It's your body changing.
  • fithannafit
    Options
    I say push through. Even though you are sore and won't be performing quite as powerfully as normal, it's still better than nothing. Following the schedule is a fairly important part of insanity.
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have done it and will be doing it again soon. Sore means changes are happening however if you are in extreme pain take a day to rest! Always listen to your body! Make sure you are drinking lots of water also!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Learn to distinguish between muscle pain and joint pain. If it's muscle pain you're feeling, it's soreness that will eventually go away as you get used to following the workouts regularly. If it's joint pain, however, STOP. You're doing something horribly wrong and will injure yourself if you continue. If you can't figure out what it is you're doing wrong and correct it, stop the program entirely and do something else you CAN do.
  • chobbler
    chobbler Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, Follow the schedule but don't feel that you should have to keep up with the android known as Tanya! Just go at you own pace, break and drink when you need and the rest will follow.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I do but only as a filler during my Weight lifting. I do it maybe once or twice a week for my cardio
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

If you are in pain or extremely sore, you should rest a day or two. You don't want to run the risk of injury. Listen to your body.

No. Soreness is normal. Especially, if this is the first time you've exercised in a long time. I would agree with you if the pain is related to an injury/join pain. Otherwise, push through. Walk it off. You will be fine.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Push past. If everyone had a break to let themselves stop hurting, no-one would finish the schedule for months after they started.
    Its supposed to be hard and its supposed to hurt, because you are changing your body. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it ;)
  • BigRich822
    Options
    I have done it twice now. I still do it on my cardio days.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I did it once, after that I shifted to weights. I still do their Insane abs twice a week.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    For each and every workout, I would make sure you either:

A) Warmup before the warmup or
    B) Take your time through the warmup....warming up at YOUR pace, not the pace of the folks on the TV.

In short your muscles are sore because of what is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It is quite common and Id have to say that personally 48-72 hours after strenuous activity is the WORST. It will only get better as you exercise more:

"Counterintuitively, continued exercise may temporarily suppress the soreness. Exercise increases pain thresholds and pain tolerance. This effect, called exercise-induced analgesia, is known to occur in endurance training (running, cycling, swimming)"
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    What kind of pain is it? Are you HURT or SORE? If its sore, yes you are suppose to push through it and honestly after week 1 the soreness gets alot better. I promise.
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    im on week 7, day 3 of insanity and the first week was sheer torture, i was breathless put on 3 lbs (which is considered normal with this kind of routine) and my body has got more fitter and stronger to cope with the programme. I don't think it's until month 2 you really start to reep the benefits. My fitness levels have shot through the roof and the body fat is going down not to mention inches.

I don't have a lot weight of lose, comfortably i would like 7 lbs however for me at the moment i am focussing on the fat loss, gaining muscle mass and fitting into my clothes.

Worth noting, that i am fitting into clothes that i wore when i was lighter in weight but because I have toned up...this has made a difference.

Good luck!
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options

No. Soreness is normal. Especially, if this is the first time you've exercised in a long time. I would agree with you if the pain is related to an injury/join pain. Otherwise, push through. Walk it off. You will be fine.

Yes soreness is normal. However, extreme soreness and pain is not.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hi, Follow the schedule but don't feel that you should have to keep up with the android known as Tanya! Just go at you own pace, break and drink when you need and the rest will follow.

I hate Tanya! She's so annoyingly perfect!