Scale Plateau's

Options
How often do you plateau? every 5lbs, 10lbs etc? How long is your usual plateau and what do you do to jump start weight loss again?

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine's normally after quite a fast loss of a lot of weight. I find if I increase my cals and mix up my work out, it soon breaks :smile: Patience and consistency is key x
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    completely random I'm afraid - at least that is what I've found (going thru one myself too). It is utterly demoralizing at times - makes me want to give up and drown my sorrow w/ donuts and ice cream......but then, if I give up I suppose I will never lose weight so I, sadly, patience and persistence is likely the only solution....although I wish banging my head against the scale worked because at least that is something I have control of....... ;)

stay strong and carry on !
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I haven't plateaud since I stop being aggressive with my weight loss (probably been 2 years). I found that eating 20% below TDEE and taking a diet break once every 3-6 months has prevented any kind of plateau. It's more proactive and there are weeks where I eat at maintenance, but I am looking for long term success, not short term gains.