From size 16 (13.9) to size 12 in 3 months?

Options
Had set myself a goal to get from a size 16 at 13st 9lb to a size 12 by the 1st June. Do you think this is a reachable target or am i aiming too high?

Is there any other ladies out there at 5'7 and what weight were you to get to a size 12

Replies

• gillianlee29
    gillianlee29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That does seems a like a little too much to reach in that time. Most people report dropping a jean size every 10-15 pounds, so you would (most likely, it varies for everyone) have to drop about 30 pounds or so, which would be an average of 2.5 pounds per week. At your weight, that would be very hard. A better rate would be 1-1.5 pounds weekly.

The trouble with setting a certain date to reach your goal by is that if you don't get there, you can feel like you failed. Which isn't fair and diminishes all the progress you did make.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sizes are generally not the best to go by because they can vary so much by body type. Let's say if you are a pear like me. I started in a size 14, took 20lbs to get to a 12, another 10 to get to size 10.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    lol, it's a foreign country I thought 13st was a typo of the 31st as a date. [read --egocentric American .]
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    lol, it's a foreign country I thought 13st was a typo of the 31st as a date. [read --egocentric American .] Good luck whether you get there sooner or later it's the getting there that's always good.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ^how did that happen? Did I just perform MFP magic?