Stuck.

Options
I know it is harder to lose weight after 40, but this is crazy. I lost 60 lbs several years ago, but after a miscarriage 2 yrs ago, put about half back on. Have about 15 lbs to go, and I am stuck. I work out 6 days a week, monitor calories religiously, eat whole grains, protien, fruits and veggies, no or very little sugar, nuts and healthy fats, and even do weight loss self hypnosis to curb cravings. Scale isn't budging. Waist measurement not budging. Totally pissed.

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your calorie goals for the final 15? Be sure you're set to a half pound a week... you no longer have enough excess body fat to support a higher deficit. Get regular exercise including strength training and eat most of your exercise calories. Track your progress through progress photos, how clothes fit, and measurements and don't stress so much about the scale.
  • essequamvideri
    Options
    Even the best personal trainers can't explain a clients plateau every now and then. The body is going through so many processes, including the fluctuation of water, the shift between antioxidants and free radicals after a workout, muscle breakdown and muscle growth, act. My general advice for getting past a plateau is think of all the hard work you did in the past week and then double that effort to break through your plateau. Show it who is boss. No matter what, my one piece of advice would be to TRUST IN THE SCIENCE of weight loss. Maybe we don't know why everyone hits the plateaus they hit but we do know reliably that good exercise and good diet equal fat loss and muscle gain, no matter how long it takes. Just stick with it and you will get through the plateau. Good luck.