Pfffff, need some support!

Options
My scale has not moved for 10 days (yes it's nearly gone tru the window!) , i now people will say
i should not rely on the scale but i did not see any chanch in my body eighter.

I am just so frustrated because that stupid thing does that at ( for me) crusial points.
It happend at 102kg when going under that 100kg was one of my goals.
Then it happend on 91.8kg ( when 90kg was in sight)
And now it's doing it for the last 10 days between 88.4 going back up to 89
and back while at 88kg i would have lost 30kg.

It now (after dealing with it for 10 days) depression starts to hit again
(have not had a problem with that for the last 6 weeks) It just upsets me so much
that it goes back up the whole time.

Sorry for the bla bla bla but had to get it of my chest.

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That's what we're here for. Realize that some plateaus can last up to 3 weeks. That being said, if you continue to do all the right things, you'll continue to improve your health and get to the number you're striving for....you will win in the end....it's just the persistence that's so hard to maintain.

I know you said you're body hasn't changed....but I urge you to take your measurements now....because when I went thru the same thing, I retook my measurements and there was a big difference -- which was encouraging...so even if you don't have starting measurements....grab those now..........

You're doing all the right things..........it's GONNA HAPPEN.........just maybe a few days later than you're hoping for.

Good luck with continuing your journey (with me) toward a healthy life.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It is most likely a crucial point actually for your body also. It is super tough but hang in there.
  • Lovebears99
    Lovebears99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you know from the past that while that needle may stick for a while it will move again!! At least thats what i'm hanging on too, my scale hasn't budged in 6 weeks!!!
  • lostpumpkin
    Options
    im also stuck! been between 185-188 for the last 10 days...cannot break 185 even with the insanity workouts!

but believe in the process! if you eat well and exercise as often as possible it will happen!

Believe in the process!!! (this is my new mantra lol) :)
  • Hi :)

Yes. I had some choice words with my scale this morning....:)

Going on a journey losing weight or trying to change your wellbeing lifestyle is a huge leap of faith on the journeyman/woman.

I am used to (as so many of us are in this day and age) working hard and getting some kind of reward somewhat soonish

(paycheck, housecleaning, helping a friend, etc.).

With trying to whittle our bodies down we don't see the changes going on in our bodies for a long time. It takes my body a

whole month of working out 5 days a week and keeping a food journal to give up some weight/fat finally. (Been struggling

with weight my whole life so I've been through "starting over" many times.) Its HARD work mentally and physically with what

seems to be NO rewards at all. So when I'm ready to throw the scale out the window and tell myself that it's pointless and I'm

just a chubby person I have told myself "I AM transforming from the inside out. I will not give up. I will give myself a billion

chances to do good for myself. Allow myself a billion mistakes. I must close my eyes and see and know that I can have a

healthy body and mind." I have succeeded before. I have gone from 150 to 129 in 5 months the "healthy way." Then of course

life changes, jobs change, we age and have to adjust. What I'm doing differently THIS time though is telling myself that I am

going to do my plan for a year. Slowly change my habits over a year. If the scale hasnt budged at the end of the year, then I am

"allowing" myself to give up. (not that I will or advise it; its just kind of a mental trick so that I'm not in a 4-alarm panic everyday

to loose loose loose this week or this day!) The year long "contract" with myself helps me to relax a bit. And it also helps a bit

to remind myself that I can stop my good work but if I do I will get bigger and bigger and be in MORE of a physical prison than I

feel like now. Hope sharing my experiences is helpful :) It takes a loooong time to get to a great place. You will have your

desired physique :)