is it bad to always eat the same things?

Options
2»

Replies

• wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pffft. Its not a bad thing. I eat the same thing every damn day with the exception of Dinner. I may throw in a wild card to give my body a BIG F YOU just to scare it and keep it on its toes.

Yep, me too - lunches and dinner vary but even then they are on a fairly regular loop. Makes it easy to log too. :tongue:
  • jcc4
    jcc4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for my wife, I would probably be eating the same meal each day for months at a time!
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things on a regular basis. It honestly helps me to know that i wont go completely crazy.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I've actually read that lack of variety helps people stay on track with eating.

I've heard this, too. Perhaps it is what made it easy* for me to lose weight last year - I knew what was in the fridge to eat, I knew how much each food had calorie-wise and protein-wise and it was easy to buy stuff in the shops as I knew where each of the products were. I did eat out at least once a week for variety, though.

*-easy as in it wasn't a struggle but it certainly wasn't quick.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Based on just my experience, it helped me a lot to eat the same things for bfast, lunches, and snacks. I have a little rotation of things that I like and it works really well for me. When I burn out on something, I'll just find something else I like to replace it. Your usuals sound like you cover all your macros (and you like them!) so I would just keep doing what you're doing. :)
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel.

Not entertainment, not reward, not comfort. -- we just treat it that way most of the time. There is nothing wrong with that. These things concern only the BRAIN.

The body uses food and drink as FUEL. period.