What are you looking forward to doing again once you loose t

Options
2»

Replies

• deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    YES! I want that too.

And here is more: I live in a Southeast Asian country where literally most of the women are between a size 0 and a size 6. Needless to say I have not been able to buy any clothing here at all for 8 years, and in fact have to wait to shop every 2 years when we go home!! :(

In the tourist areas are beautiful things in more Western sizes..still only going up as high as maybe a 10 or 12. I would dearly love to be able to go out and buy something off a rack here!
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My goal is to have better health and more stamina..to be able to be on my feet, for longer periods of time....and maybe get a job in retailing. Ive been a stay at home mom for many years.
    I want to wear clothes that are a little more stylish...
    One bad thing I know is going to happen when I lose weight is I will look older in my face, as I am 53...the face is one part of the body that doesnt improve with weight loss at that age.
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Playing touch football with my boys!
    Dancing with my 6yr old daughter until she's tired!
    Ropes course!
    Buying clothes in the misses sections not the womans section!
    Feeling sexy and fit in my skin!
    Knowing strech marks are the only thing keeping me out of a bikini!
    Skimpy, sexy nighties!
    Cowboy boots!
    A long, healthier, happier life with my amazing husband and awesome kids!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I agree SugarBear!!!

For once... I was able to let my hubby see me in my birthday suit... I was sooooo proud of myself!! And he was SHOCKED!
  • brife17
    Options
    feeling confident with the new me.
    two piece swim suite- more like a bikini
    not settling just because...(men)
    being able to see my toes with out leaning forward (big boobs ha)
    smaller clothes.
    shopping at abercombie again
    shopping any where and not having to worry if they carry my size.
    running
    getting myself back on to the cheer squad
    dance
    lookin hot! lol
    i could go on for hours probably days.
    great topic!
    Bailey
  • deb_ge
    Options
    I think this is a great topic because it speaks to all of our hopes and dreams of being the best we can be and having the life we can enjoy. I need to keep these 'can't wait 'till I cans...' ever before me so that I will have the hope to keep going, day after day, week after week...even is the scales are not kind.

Oh, by the way...I was agreeding with Dane about being able to go into any store and buy from the rack, not the running around in my undies in front of my husband.

Already do that! lol.
  • stupidrobot
    stupidrobot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not thinking about my my weight all the time!!!!!
    Getting back into my "skinny" clothes
    Lounging around in my undies without being afraid to look down
    Not wearing a t-shirt and shorts over my swimsuit when I go swimming
    Being able to eat the occasional brownie or piece of pie without wondering if people are looking at me thinking, "she really doesn't need to be eating that"
    Ceasing to annoy my boyfriend with "I'm such a fatso" remarks

I will have to save all the physical activity goals like hiking and water-skiing for the list of things to look forward to after I quit smoking, haha.
  • arothermel
    arothermel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to all the energy I will have when I lose weight. I also am looking forward to:
    looking great
    having self confindence
    shopping for clothes
    hiking
    swimming
    running
    liking what i see in the mirror
  • dnjcountry
    dnjcountry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    buy a new wordrobe. I want to be able to go into work smaller size scrubs and be noticed. I also want my leg pains to go away. And to be able to bend over and also get up and down without having to grunt and moan.
    Janet
  • deb_ge
    Options
    Wow. This is such an amazing topic. And here I am 9 years later. Sadly I never reached those goals, though I lost and gained 35 pounds over and over again. I did however try many things...I got back to swimming, I learned how to lift weights, I joined Crossfit and did that for nearly 2 years, along with eating Paleo. I FELT wonderful, ten years younger...however, I really did not go down drastically in size. I need to loose over 100 pounds...and I went all the way from a size 28 to a size 24...and held there. My body LOOKED much better, in that I was kind of...re-arranged...musclely and toned. I had stamina out the wazoo. I deadlifted 240 pounds and back squatted 150!! I was by far the oldest and the fattest lady at Crossfit! Haahaha.....then, sadly, in 2013 unknown to me, I developed endometrial cancer. I found out in July of 2015...and this past year has just been about getting better. And praise Jesus I DID get better, I am cancer free, and I am starting all over again, for about the 4th time since I began this thread.

I still want to do those things above, and just want to add...having been really fit during the Crossfit season I am looking for that same measure of fitness. However, I must not over excercise, as my doctor told me that I probably was living in a contstant state of fight or flight. So now....we are back to swimming...and eating clean and simple foods well within my calorie allotment here...and loving it.