Stress and Nerves...

Options
So, I've been told that I'm "lucky" that I get nauseous when I'm stressed out and/or my nerves are SHOT because I guess a lot of people eat more in this position! I get physically sick if I eat...anything. It's awful. I don't find this lucky at all. I am currently having some major personal issues...I've lost 2 lbs in two days. It sucks. My stomach is constantly turning, and I try to eat, but it doesn't stay in!!! Any suggestions? Because I know that once this all passes, I will eat, and I will gain it back because my body will hold onto every calorie that I take in!!!

Replies

• chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Do you have any health issues related to getting nauseous when your stressed? b/c from what I know that could be signs of an Ulcer or something GI related :-/ It could also just be depression and becoming an inbalance in your brain not allowing you to eat or want to eat. When you are able to eat again, just try not an "binge" eat.. make healthy choices like you always have been and just "jump back on the wagon"! You can do this girl! You are doing great so far and you always have a good attitude about rough situations!! Hang in there!!
  • annekestreet
    Options
    Hi there

Poor you...I know how you feel beacuse I have also suffered in this way in the past :o(

the way I got over it was to pick something I really liked & to have a very small amount...this then generated my stomach to feel a bit hungrier so the next time I ate a little more. I grazed during this period & ate very small amounts about 10 - 12 times a day.

Give it a go & also get yourself some relaxtion CDs to listen to.....they work wonders & thats from someone who suffers from panic attacks & anxiety !!!

Good luck :o)