Sports debate of the day:NFL Draft

Options
2»

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I think it's AWESOME that a lady started this thread!

x2

1) Barkley hasn't played in 2 months. He should be fine esp since he didn't have surgery.

2) He should have gone pro last year, that way he could just be a BUST a year earlier.

3) USC QB's are absolutely, 100% overrated, so its irrelevant if he went anyway.

4) My man, Ryan Nassib of 'Cuse, will be the best QB of this draft.

5) Its the combine. I'll take game play over how big some dudes pinky is anyday.
    Geno has something to say about that.

Smith has flash-in-the pan written all over him. He may not even get the, "OMG he had a great rookie season" before he fades into mediocrity, as NFL defenses are quickly adapting to the dual threat type QB.

I don't know about the whole "flash-in-the-pan" thing, that can certainly happen. There have been plenty of QBs who succeeded in college and failed in the NFL. But he's not really a QB in the mold of a Kaepernick or RG three sticks. He is more of a pocket QB, and not a zone read guy. I don't know if that gives him a better or worse shot, just point it out.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Te'o apologists said he had a bad game against Alabama because of what he was dealing with and blah, blah, blah. The bad thing is there are two options - either he's weak mentally, or he's just a mediocre linebacker - and the worst case is that he's both. The combine, and his bad game against Alabama support the mediocre linebacker angle.

Part of his problem in that game was the Alabama Oline dominated. No linebacker could have had a great performance when the rest of his team was getting flattened infront of him. Throw in his negative media hype and middle of the road combine performance takes him from being a top 10 bust of a draft pic and could turn out to be steel in the draft in the second round.

Might even workout for him instead of being drafted by a weak team with a lot of holes to fill, maybe he lands on a strong team with an established defense he can grow into.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Te'o apologists said he had a bad game against Alabama because of what he was dealing with and blah, blah, blah. The bad thing is there are two options - either he's weak mentally, or he's just a mediocre linebacker - and the worst case is that he's both. The combine, and his bad game against Alabama support the mediocre linebacker angle.

Part of his problem in that game was the Alabama Oline dominated. No linebacker could have had a great performance when the rest of his team was getting flattened infront of him. Throw in his negative media hype and middle of the road combine performance takes him from being a top 10 bust of a draft pic and could turn out to be steel in the draft in the second round.

Might even workout for him instead of being drafted by a weak team with a lot of holes to fill, maybe he lands on a strong team with an established defense he can grow into.

ND did get dominated from every angle, but there were many tackles that Te'o flat out whiffed on.

Anyway, I agree that it could work out better for him in the end from a professional stand point, but only if he is an NFL caliber player at all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My theory is, if a player is too much of a weenie to participate in the NFL Combine they should be dropped atleast three rounds in the draft.

What say you? :)

So Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III should have been 3rd round picks? Yeah right!

The ones who don't participate in the combine are the ones that are a given...they've already proven themselves. Plus, they're gonna have their pro days.

Wait wut? but didn't they...I'm so confused...

Point of clarification..they participated, but only what they wanted to participate in. Neither threw the football at the combine...they could have just as easily not shown up at all and both would have still been picked 1 & 2.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Unless injured, I agree they should be dropped a round or two by teams. This whole private-workout crap is for guys who think they're special and are afraid of a little competition.