Why does this happen?

mrsw510
mrsw510 Posts: 169
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a weight loss goal of 2 lbs/week. I know that I am not going to hit this every week but I figure I can aim high. I work out 4-5 times/week for 60 minutes and keep my calories between 1500-1800. For the most part I have hit my goal of 2lbs/week but lately I have been much more inconsistant not lossing any weight for a couple weeks, .5-1 lb the next and then 4-5lbs the next.

My diet and excerise is consistant so why is my weight loss so inconsistant.

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Your body is changing. Some of it is water retention/loss and some of it is fat loss and some might even be a teeny bit of muscle gain. This is a big long term change you're working towards so give your body time to adjust. And congrats on the weight loss so far!
  • fit4kim
    fit4kim Posts: 15 Member
    Sounds like your body has hit a plateau....time to change things up. When body gets used to something, you don't see changes as much or the change is very very slow. So mix up your workouts. Try something new...circuit training can be fun, supersetting is fun as well. Bikram hot yoga is a blast. Just change it up and you will see results again.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    If you can keep that HEART RATE up for a consistent time frame, you will see the drop.

ie. 6 days/wk x 30 - 40 min @ 150 hr (FOR ME).

Consider all your factors, esp w/doc!
This discussion has been closed.