Calorie count and exercise

OK, I need some advice from everyone. MFP tells me I should be consuming around 1700-1800 cals per day to lose 2 lbs per week, activity set as sedentary (I drive alot for my job), I had been consuming between 1500-1600 cals per day for past few weeks and have lost about 10 lbs. Today I started working on my elliptical and did 20 min (about 400 cals burned). MFP automatically adjusts my cals for the day up to like 2100 with this workout entered. That seems like alot to me and I am concerned if I do this, I will not be losing weight. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    That happens to everyone but you don't necessarily have to eat them back. Its common that if you burn 400 cals working out, it will get added back & you should try to eats some of them back, although not everyone does. As long as you are eating enough daily & exercising you will still lose. I rarely eat mine back, not intentionally but bc of my job I can't really work out til the evenings, I don't want to try to work it in throughout the day because then something might happen & I can't get my workout in, I've eaten all those extra calories but no way to burn them off again. So I just eat as I normally would throughout the day, if I get in my evening workout then I sometimes add an extra item to my last snack of the day (usually after workout) but I don't worry about it if I don't. I often end my day with 500+ calories left over.