running

Options
I would love to work up to a 5k, im not sure how to start training. I have two kids and was given a double jogging stroller from a friend. I like having goals so I think this would be good for me to try and do. I just cant go very long right now.

Replies

• lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Couch to 5K program? It's 8-9 weeks (depending on the training schedule/app you choose) and it takes you through a training program to work from not running to running 5K. Loads of people here do the program and there is a group for it as well if you would like to join.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    ^^^Agree

C25K really works as long as you stick to it and take it slow. If you try to do it too fast you'll burn out and feel like quitting. Once you can run for 30 minutes without stopping, it's an amazing feeling.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Couch to 5K!
  • ash1976
    ash1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ^^^Agree

C25K really works as long as you stick to it and take it slow. If you try to do it too fast you'll burn out and feel like quitting. Once you can run for 30 minutes without stopping, it's an amazing feeling.

Agreed!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Couch 2 5K (C25K) is a fantastic training guide. It starts easy and works you slowly up in mileage/time. You can do it :)
  • Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I just bought a treadmill and am pretty lost on where to start.
  • vkmoorthy
    vkmoorthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 day 2. I have never run in my life. So far it has worked and I am encouraged by my progress