I need input badly.

Options
I understand it takes so long to put on weight, and its going to take just as long if not longer to lose....but I dont get what Im doing wrong. I have changed my diet SO much. I havent had chips or any kind of "junk food" in months! I eat fruits and veggies all the time, before I rarely did. I am stuck at my weight. I cannot get past 220. I am 6 foot tall and at 220. I exercise 3-4 times a week, sometimes more....depends with my kids. I go from 220 one day dont change my diet a ton and a couple days later im at 223 then back down the next day. I dont get it...

I just dont know what to change food wise or exercise to get rid of the belly fat.....what are some ideas from you all?

I have been using a different app to log my exercise and diet...I appoligize...But im keeping up with it all now I have been doing cardio (intense) or running 3-4 times a week.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What's your total calories that you eat daily? How long have you been following your current workout and food habits? How much processed food do you eat? If you make your diary on here public, more people can tailor their advice to you.
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ive been using a different app for my food diary so I havent done it long on here but I have done it the past two days. Which I believe is fairly good as a diet. On here I have a calorie goal of 1510 but im always lower. I will see if I can make it public.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Have you read this? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Basically, I don't want to make things too complicated for you, but you should find out your BMR and TDEE. If yesterday is a good example of how much you eat and work out, then you might not be eating enough. Not eating enough to fuel your workouts can put the body under a lot of stress.

At the minimum, I think you should use maybe this calculator, and find out what it says. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Edit to add: your diary from yesterday looks VERY healthy, in my opinion. Good job. It's just a question now of maybe the total quantity not being appropriate.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Have you been using a food scale and measuring cups to determine portions? Counting your drinks too?

It's very hard to give any information about your diary because you haven't consistently logged. Take a couple weeks of diligently logging, weighing and measuring EVERYTHING, and eating your goal. 1510 is what you should be eating as MFP has given you, so eat to that number. 1200 calorie days aren't going to help any.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Ok thanks for your input :-) I just wasn't understanding how I could eat more I feel full! Haha I drink 64 oz of water daily. I have a water bottle that holds 32 oz to help me with that and I do measure everything! I will keep up with the diary and bring it up again if I don't see a change and hope to get input if I am doin something wrong
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for your input :-) I just wasn't understanding how I could eat more I feel full!
    Add in/increase some calorie-dense foods like nuts, seeds, cheese, avocados etc. Add a bit of olive oil to salads, or in cooking. Switch from low-fat cottage cheese to full-fat. Have 2 tbsp peanut butter instead of 1, 2 scoops of protein powder instead of 1. Things like that. You don't have to massively increase the quantity of food to raise your calories, just a little more calorie-dense food here and there.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Concentrate on building some muscle. I learned yesterday that not having enough muscle mass is the main reason people don't lose weight on an appropriate calorie deficit. It takes muscle to burn fat.
  • chanahliora
    Options
    One last thing, you don't want to be eating anything after 8:00 p.m. if you can possibly help it.
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Kttyler87
    Options
    Never do :-)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    One last thing, you don't want to be eating anything after 8:00 p.m. if you can possibly help it.
    Why?