Apparently I SUCK at cheating...

NickiChase
NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
SO today is my second cheat day. Last Saturday was right before EASTER (Could I have timed it any better??!!!) and for a cheat day I did pretty well: had hot Krispy Kreme donuts after taking the kids ice skating, sampled my way through Costco, made homemade sugar cookies with my kids in the afternoon (and ate a few right off the cooking rack) and then of course had to sample the goodies that went into the Easter baskets. I totally BLEW my food blocks and my calories off the chart!! AND I FELT LIKE CARP the whole next day....ugh!

So today is Saturday again and another cheat day... for breakfast I had my regular chocolate protein smoothie before taking the kids to skating class. After class, the "HOT AND FRESH" light isn't on at Krispy Kreme so we DON"T EVEN STOP THE CAR and just head to an early lunch out. I have the steak fajitas and veggies with guacamole (no cheese or sour cream) and skip the rice and beans. So aside from a few (like less than a cup) of tortilla chips with fresh salsa and the flour tortillas it really isn't a bad cheat...higher in calories than my regular lunches, but still close to my food blocks. Hit Costco after lunch and manage to avoid all the tasters except the "flax meal in the non-fat yogurt cup" and end up buying the flax to add to my smoothies. Picked up a Starbucks Iced Coffee with skim milk for a little pick-me-up treat about mid-afternoon. Dinner was grilled chicken, rice and veggies with some fruit....a regular planned/portioned dinner. To jazz it up, I tried to make blender-style ice cream with Vanilla Almond Milk and pudding mix...which, didn't taste bad and was less than 100cal for a 6 oz serving. So, now I have finished my cheat day with my food blocks filled pretty well and I am just over 2000 calories.....not too far out since my regular allocation is 1400!! I was soooo looking forward to cheating BIG and somehow didn't manage it....do you suppose that I'll regret not gorging myself? Or is this what is meant by that phrase "lifestyle change??!!"

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I think it's the "life style change". Great job!!! I have many cheats days, but quite a few end like yours because I feel like crap the next day. Why eat Krispy Kreme if they are going to only be ok, rather then super yummy. I've learned to only cheat with food that's wroth it :laugh:
    Keep up the good work and this will make that next "real" cheat day that much better!!! :drinker:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    I had my first cheat day in about a month. I feel horrible. I don't regret eating the foods I did because it is done and over with and I can't change the choices I made but I am just sick to my stomach. It was the first time in a month that I ate out at anywhere besides subway. Went to burger king for lunch. Then had a frozen pizza for dinner and cookies and chex mix tonight. I pretty much have had nothing processed in the last month and felt ill. I know for me it is a lifestyle change and I now know my body will no longer tolerate these foods. So for me I took it as a learning experience. I was really looking forward to my next splurge on my bday in a few weeks and having a piece of cake on it but after today I think I will pass and celebrate with something else. I don't think that you will regret not doing all the junk because in the end you just feel horrible for a day or two and it just isn't worth it.
This discussion has been closed.