When do I stop eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wait... if you are basing your diet on your TDEE... you should NOT be eating back your exercise calories. The TDEE includes your Daily Exercise in the number. Don't eat if you're not hungry.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Exercise less. You are calorically impoverished and it is pertinacious to try to continue burning so much and leave your intake so unexceptional.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you are basing this on TDEE, then why are you itemizing exercise separately? That doesn't make sense. Aim to eat about TDEE-20% if yuo're trying to lose weight. If you're consistently under that significantly, then you need to make a real effort to reprogram your hunger signals.
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm not a physician, but I wouldn't suggest stopping eating until officially declared dead. It might otherwise lead to the same result.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i don't get this. The whole idea with TDEE is that you figure in your activity level so you don't have to worry about eating back exercise calories. I have mine set at 2239. I can eat up to that to maintain, or under that to lose.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If it's after 8 p.m. I don't eat because I get reflux. Before that any calories are fair game though if I'm not hungry I pretty much don't eat the exercise calories back.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Exercise less. You are calorically impoverished and it is pertinacious to try to continue burning so much and leave your intake so unexceptional.

your vocabulary excites me :drinker:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

If there is one physical attribute bulkier than her calves and glutes, it's her robust brain.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

If there is one physical attribute bulkier than her calves and glutes, it's her robust brain.

Brains are awesome. Everybody should have one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you are not hungry don't eat = agree...

If you did a TDEE calculator then you should not be eating bacak your excercise calories becuase this has your excercise built in. So if maintenance TDEE is 2500 and you want to eat at 500 deficit just eat 2000 cals a day ....

or am I missing something...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i don't get this. The whole idea with TDEE is that you figure in your activity level so you don't have to worry about eating back exercise calories. I have mine set at 2239. I can eat up to that to maintain, or under that to lose.

thats what I am saying too..

unless the OP was so used to eating back exercise cals on MFP settings..or never adjusted for TDEE???
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Whatever calorie goal you arrive at, let me ask one question: that do you plan to do when you reach your goal weight? Just keep undereating until you're either underweight or your metabolism finally slows and you plateau?

A big part of the whole diet journey, imo, is learning how and what to eat to fuel your body so that we don't fall back on old habits when we think we're done. You don't have to eat more, but you can eat smarter by including some higher calorie options (nuts, cheese, full-fat dairy, olive oil, etc).