SKIN

Anyone else with very dry facial skin issues!!! What am I missing in my diet. . . all my skin is dry but especially my face; cheeks near my nose!!!:sad:

Replies

• Have you ever tried Cerave lotion? It's pretty expensive ($16 or so). But, it works. Off and on, I have to use tazorac for acne and it really dries my face out. But, Cerave helps tremendously. It was designed for burn patients from what I understand.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Healthy fats? Water?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    How much water are you drinking? How much fat are you getting in your diet?

I have dry skin right now but it's mainly due to the fact that it's winter here and it's very cold, windy and snowy which causes my skin to dry out. If I drink enough water and get enough fat in my diet my dry skin isn't so bad.

Also, how often do you wash your face? Washing it too much or using a facial soap that is too harsh can cause it to become too dry. In the mornings I only use warm water on my face and since not using a soap than my skin has gotten better.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    For me, I drink lot (and I do mean LOTS) of water and I use a good bit of coconut oil for my skin and a little for my cooking. I make an outstanding body scrub with it that my daughter can't keep her hands out of, and she has dry skin issues.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I have this as well. But no amount of drinking enough water, consuming enough fat, and moisturizing helps.

I have been diagnosed with eczema, Sjogren's Syndrome, and possible auto-immune psoriasis (no actual patches, but i get nail pitting).

I would try the top first, and if it doesn't improve see a dermatologist.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks all, I thought I was drinking enough water - somtimes feel like I am drowning!! Maybe not enough fats in my diet but that would surprise me also.

Maybe another trip to the dermatologist - currently being treated for an allergy on my nose/eyelids. Dr. said it was mint toothpaste - the presecription is nearly $300.00 so I have been using the samples very sparingly!!! Problem not gone but under control if I don't stop using. . .
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    two things affect me and dry my skin from the inside out -

dairy, especially hard cheeses such as cheddar.

lanolin. This last is in most handcreams. all those special creams for excema? Oh yes.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    two things affect me and dry my skin from the inside out -

dairy, especially hard cheeses such as cheddar.

lanolin. This last is in most handcreams. all those special creams for excema? Oh yes.

good to know, I will watch for these things as well!