Progress... and why progress pics are better than the scale

Options
2»

Replies

• caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This is my 5 week progress... counting calories - eating around 1800 - and doing Insanity. I had only lost 4.5 lbs at this point, and was feeling frustrated and defeated and ready to throw in the towel based on what the scale was showing me. So glad I took the pictures... they tell a whole different story! I encourage anyone who is changing their eating habits and incorporating exercise to do this. I might have quit if I hadn't.

2uhxpog.jpg

How often are you taking pictures?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    everything looks lifted! you look great, congrats on your hard work!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    great progress...you look great!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's what my doctor said, Forget about the scale just do exercise and it what you eat. how you feel and what your number are blood pressure etc.
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is exactly me. I am not patient, although I'm learning.

Insanity is hard- dripping sweat, collapse on the floor hard (if you put the effort in) and it does seem like progress should be more dramatic for me.

But, looking at your pics has renewed my motivation. I am 3.5 weeks in and haven't seen a lot of scale (maybe 1.5lbs) OR measurement change. I am tempted to drop calories or something.

Anyway, thanks for posting at the perfect time to remind me to keep going and that my body may be changing in ways that aren't easily measurable.

GOOD JOB- you look great!
  • ealinn
    ealinn Posts: 38
    Options
    I took them at 2 weeks and 5 weeks. Will take again at 7 weeks and then 9 weeks - the end of the program
  • ealinn
    Options
    Nice! P.S. you also look a lot happier in the second pic

Much happier :) And your progress photos are great too!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Dude. Nice!
  • ealinn
    Options
    This is exactly me. I am not patient, although I'm learning.

Insanity is hard- dripping sweat, collapse on the floor hard (if you put the effort in) and it does seem like progress should be more dramatic for me.

But, looking at your pics has renewed my motivation. I am 3.5 weeks in and haven't seen a lot of scale (maybe 1.5lbs) OR measurement change. I am tempted to drop calories or something.

Anyway, thanks for posting at the perfect time to remind me to keep going and that my body may be changing in ways that aren't easily measurable.

GOOD JOB- you look great!

Exactly! Thought the weight would just fall off... it hasn't, but the fat sure is. :) And I feel so much stronger and healthier.
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your face, your boobcicles, your abs, your arms, everything is smaller and tighter! I may have to get on this INSANITY train!! AWESOME!
  • guzzlingil
    Options
    very noticeable difference......nice work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!