Surgery

Options
Well, I know this sight is mostly geared towards natural weight loss but after over three years of being a member and almost daily food diarys (I missed about three days in 3 years--latest streak is 220 days), I have come to the realization that I will NEVER lose the weight I need or want to through diet and exercise with my age, lifestyle and work limitations. Major respect and appreciation for those that are able to do it and keep it off. I have tried and failed too many times over the last 30 years and as I have just turned 55, it's time to do something drastic. I am scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery in May. I am right between terrified and excited. I have never been good with major changes or commitment and this requires both--forever. BUT, the many, many benefits--health and otherwise, have led me to the decision. I hope I can look back on this and my other comments on MFP after a year and feel great about all the weight I will have lost and not miss my steaks and white russians. We will see. I welcome any motivation and positive feedback from anyone brave enough to admit to having gastric surgery. It's the psychological part that is the most difficult and I know I will need alot of support. Here we go with another chapter of my life! :happy: