Polar HRM Tidbit

Options
Here is something useful if you are having issues. I have an FT7, and starting having issues about a month ago, similar to what many others have experienced. Heart Rate readings would suddenly spike up to 235, then droop to 38, get stuck on one number, go to zero and report it couldn't find a source, etc. Based on what I found online I tried doing a better job of cleaning the strap with hot soapy water, soaking it in soapy water, changing the battery in both the transmitter and receiver, and even buying a new strap. None of which helped. So I broke down and dealt with customer service, and was told to remove the battery from the transmitter for over 3 minutes. This will reset the transmitter. Apparently if it got messed up along the way it could stay messed up. So I took out the battery, waited 5 minutes just to be sure, put it back in and now it's working fine, just like new.

I can't find this information in User's Manual, on their website under Trouble Shooting for FAQs or Directions on Changing the Batteries. I don't know why they don't post is a suggestion since it's the easiest thing to try, so I thought I'd pass this along in case you are having similar issues.

Replies