1200 open diary ?

Options
13»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It takes a real humanitarian to sacrifice and ration yourself such a low amount of calories, however i must parrot the advice of most people on MFP: 1200 is too little calories. Anybody can "lose weight" but your goal should be reducing fat and gaining or keeping lean body mass (muscle). This requires careful calculation of your daily TDEE and food choices. Good luck to you but i strongly encourage you to eat more and focus on building a strong base of muscle.

Couldn't agree more. If you want to lose fat and have a killer body with minimal loss of muscle, then 1200 is too low. MFP sets most people at 1200 automatically and most of us have fallen for that when we started. You initially lose weight, then it grinds to a halt.

I did it, lost 7lbs, put it back on, lost 7lbs, put it back etc etc for a year. I'm now eating more and have lost 9lbs in a fraction of that time... and the weight loss is continuing. Eating at TDEE-20% will ensure the weight loss continues and that you only lose fat (which is what we all want, isn't it?).

Others have also put in links to the Roadmap - well worth a look.
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1,200 and I have an open diary. Feel free to add me! :) However, I don't always eat 1,200 cals per day. Some days I'm under, and some days I'm over.
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with what CWOLFMAN13 had to say, because in all my nutritional studies, I find the facts would agree as well.