Need all te support i can get (NOW) :'(

After my post asking for support earlyer totday.

( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/906976-pfffff-need-some-support )

I need even more support now as i got laid off a hour ago :'(
wiich ofcourse makes me want to fall back in old habbits and EAT!!!

HELP!!!!

Replies

• alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Just remember you can control what goes into your mouth even when you cannot control the other things in your life, like the lay off!!

I just went through this back in the fall it is tough, but you can do it!

Take a walk or seomthing instead of eating.

Good luck on finding a new job!
  • very sorry that you lost your job...

visit www.indeed.com

and let everyone you know (friends and family) of your current situation..

my wife, when she rejoined the labor pool after having 2 kids went thru a temp agency and now has a GREAT job...

keep your head up and use the "down time" to network and workout...

good luck!
  • Zap77
    Zap77 Posts: 26
    Ugh sorry to hear... feel free to add me as i try to be inspirational almost every day!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Sorry this has happened. I got through this kind of thing when I was quitting smoking, but have not been successful with the food. I wish I could help more.
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    thank you for all, i"only" had 3 glases of wine. Zap, i can always use more supporttank you
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Sorry to hear you've lost your job, but all is not lost. It may be a blessing in disguise.

I find doing something physical or social is a good way to distract myself from emotional eating. Some arts & crafts, gardening, exercise, volunteering, chatting with friends and family, etc. Regardless of how you feel, what you eat freely is still your choice.

My boyfriend was laid off from his job at the end of July 2012. He was in shock for a couple of weeks before reality set in. He's also a type-1 diabetic, which added another degree of difficulty not having health insurance. Without insulin injections, he'd die. The feelings from losing a full time job is a lot like going through the stages of grief. It's normal. Thankfully, because my boyfriend lost his job, he was able to file for bankruptcy. His ex-wife destroyed his credit score by not holding up her end of the divorce. Bankruptcy was the ONLY way he would never have to talk to her again. He chose to keep paying on his own debts, but got his name off of his ex-wife's debts. Now his credit score is back on track. He also doesn't have to drive two hours everyday for work any more, no longer has a dead-end job, and pays less in overall healthcare cost compared to before. So his job loss was a blessing in disguise. It just took us a while to realize it. So seek out the positive things in your life, even though they may be hard to see or realize.

Fortunately, unemployment benefits or a part-time job will help with some bills while you look for another job. I think most temp employment agencies are awesome. I've known many people who have successfully found full-time jobs they love by signing up a with temp employment agency. Network with friends and family and even old co-workers. They can help you find a new job.

Also, look for ways to reduce your spending in the meantime. It's surprising how little a person can actually live on and be happy. I lived on a $9/hr 30/hr per week job for 1.5 years with no benefits, but I had a place of my own, a car, cell phone, internet, my own health insurance, groceries, gym membership, a pet rabbit, put a little toward savings ever month, and had a little extra spending cash left over. You can do it! You just need to get creative and do lots of googling. :-)

I wish and pray for all the best in your life!