How long before results?

Options
This is just a for future reference question. My weight has been stable for a while now even while working out and eating under my calories, and I have started to incorporate more strength training to my cardio. I just wanted to know about how long before the inches start to come off? I am not expecting immediate results, but I wanted to know when was a good timeline so I would know if I need to switch things up a bit more. Thanks so much!

Replies

• mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I was doing cardio only. The weight was coming off rather consistently, but I wasn't noticing a change in how my clothes were fitting. I couldn't understand it. A little over a month ago, I reduced my cardio to an hour once a week, but started strength training 3-4 days a week. Since then, my weight has only dropped 2 pounds, but I now notice a big difference in how my clothes are fitting. It took about month after I started strength training to actually notice a difference. Since we are our own worst critics, I didn't see a change when others did.

Everyone is different in the amount of time it takes to see their losses, you might notice it sooner than me or maybe later, but it will happen. I had to learn not to pay much attention to what the scale was telling me & sticking with it really paid off. I would recommend taking monthly pics of yourself wearing the same thing. You might not see it in the mirror, but the pics will show it better.