I hate most veggies

Options
OK, I said it. The only veggies I can stomach are baked sweet potatoes and tomato puree. Almost all the others make me gag (honestly) because they are soo bitter even carrots. I am hoping to find some green smoothie ideas that I can use to have for breakfast so I can get the benefits of the dark greens without the taste. I have tried to hide veggies in sauces, sandwiches, and in pasta recipes and I have FAILED miserably, lol. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Replies

• justjean
    justjean Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hate most veggies too, in the past few years, I've tried to change that around. Tastebuds are accustomed to whatever you've been giving it all these years so they need time to adjust. Veggies aren't just going to taste good all of a sudden, you have to re-train your tastebuds.. Even if you hate them, you could cut them up and chew them up and try to ignore the taste for the sake of being healthier. You should try baking carrots in the oven in tin foil with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. They have a sweeter taste. There are still many veggies I don't like, but I suck it up and force myself to eat it even if I don't like it. Doing this method has allowed me to eat asparagus, carrots without ranch smothered all over, peas, etc etc. Also eliminating sauces will help to adjust your tastebuds. Hopefully this helps?