WTF Goverment.......

Options
124»

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    The scariest ten words in the English language?

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

:laugh:

Interestingly enough that is a quote from one of our greatest Presidents, Ronald Reagan. He new big government was bad and look where we are today.

He also did not do much to shrink government. He also ran a budget deficit.

C'mon guys, respect the OP and take your political views elsewhere. All you're going to do is get her thread locked.

That's okay if her thread gets locked b/c she already got her answer. And maybe if Government hadn't been in the title that wouldn't have been such a danger? Just sayin'

Technically, "goverment" was in the title. Because I'm an art hippy and can't spell :glasses:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Credit Bureaus are a sham also. We are trying to buy a house and the only thing I have stopping me is a $500 collection to a bank. I didn't even know this existed until I tried to open a bank account and they wouldn't let me. I called the bank and since it was from 2006, I was 18, it had been written off as a loss. They have no record of ME or anything I owed. They have no info the the $500 bill. I call the collection agency and they can't find me by SSN or DOB. No record of me. They did find me by name and explained that someone else's SSN number is tied to that collection. The only thing that I share with the other person on that collection is a former address of a place I lived for 3 months. Of course they ask ME to pay it.

So now I am stuck, the credit company won't remove it, the bank has written it off and it is stuck on my report unless I pay it. In the meantime, can't open a checking account OR get our home loan. :explode:

Find a lender that does manual underwriting. You are welcome.

Private lenders didn't care about it as much as my score. I work in Real Estate and went to a bank with a great reputation for lending. I am also young and have little/no established credit (just got my first credit card) but they can't do anything until that one item is gone.

It's a waiting game. Open lines of credit to establish some more or wait for the bank thing to go away.